File "<string>", line 105, in <module>
  File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect46\outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.compat",
line 135, in getint
line 220, in get
line 123, in get
ConfigParser.NoOptionError: No option 'control_scanner' in section: 'Section1'

Add the bits from the end of the new sample config to your existing one.

DC31

Feed Provider
Testing

Andy, I had v40 working (sort of) then tried the v46. Now I get the following error:

Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x03024830>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 288, in alert
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect46\outPYZ1.pyz/subprocess", line
679, in __init__
893, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I am cheating a little. I found a good tone generator in a Free App for my IPAD. Use that to generate the tones and then come in through the microphone on the computer. Recognizes the A and B tones right away. Beats waiting for some activity on the scanner.

In v40 I was having trouble with multiple email addresses, sometimes they would work and other times only the first one in the list would go out. Separated by comma and a space. Is the space maybe the problem?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Add the bits from the end of the new sample config to your existing one.

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that the v46 config file has some new parameters (related to scanner control), so you can either use the config file that came with v46 and edit it, or use your existing config file but add the new lines from the v46 config file to it.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy, I had v40 working (sort of) then tried the v46. Now I get the following error:

Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x03024830>
File "<string>", line 288, in alert
679, in __init__
893, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I am cheating a little. I found a good tone generator in a Free App for my IPAD. Use that to generate the tones and then come in through the microphone on the computer. Recognizes the A and B tones right away. Beats waiting for some activity on the scanner.

In v40 I was having trouble with multiple email addresses, sometimes they would work and other times only the first one in the list would go out. Separated by comma and a space. Is the space maybe the problem?

Do you have lame.exe in the folder with the program? If you don't, this is the error you'll get.

Space could be the problem with the email addresses, I'd have to do some digging. Try it without the spaces and see how it goes.

Andy

N1EO

Andy,

V46, has drop CPU usage back to normal.

Also I am getting up to 4 recordings with the Python version on my main department, reasons below.

1) Standard page is sent from two towers due to terrain. They are sent about 3 seconds apart, even during multiple alarms they are sent together, this causes the two recordings.

2) Our system sometimes has a pre-alert this causes the 4 recordings. Pre-alert is sent like #1 but then a alternating 500hz 450hz tones are sent 3 times then ends, once the full information of the call is taken then a standard page is sent.

I have been running your older program 24/7 for about a year and a half. Thank you for you work.

Ed

johnmac

Feed Provider
I got v46 downloaded and running. When the program starts, it starts the input and output device as "Microsoft Sound Mapper". I changed the index numbers from "0" to "1" and the input device in the config file and it now shows "My Sound Card" as the input device, but the output device still shows as "Microsoft Sound Mapper". I then changed the output index to "2" and the program now starts with the sound card in both input and output,

Great program, keep the improvements coming.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I got v46 downloaded and running. When the program starts, it starts the input and output device as "Microsoft Sound Mapper". I changed the index numbers from "0" to "1" and the input device in the config file and it now shows "My Sound Card" as the input device, but the output device still shows as "Microsoft Sound Mapper". I then changed the output index to "2" and the program now starts with the sound card in both input and output,

Great program, keep the improvements coming.

On the main screen, the sound card selections are drop down boxes so you can select them from there without having to guess in the config file. Select the in/out that you want from the main screen, and those selections will be saved when you exit the program by clicking the "exit" button. If you close the program by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner, the changes won't be saved.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy,

V46, has drop CPU usage back to normal.

Also I am getting up to 4 recordings with the Python version on my main department, reasons below.

1) Standard page is sent from two towers due to terrain. They are sent about 3 seconds apart, even during multiple alarms they are sent together, this causes the two recordings.

2) Our system sometimes has a pre-alert this causes the 4 recordings. Pre-alert is sent like #1 but then a alternating 500hz 450hz tones are sent 3 times then ends, once the full information of the call is taken then a standard page is sent.

I have been running your older program 24/7 for about a year and a half. Thank you for you work.

Ed

Ed,

You may be able to play with the "Record Delay" parameter to eliminate some of the duplicate emails if the timing of the multiple pages is consistent.

Adding the capability of decoding "stacked pages" leads to issues like you're describing.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Ed,

You may be able to play with the "Record Delay" parameter to eliminate some of the duplicate emails if the timing of the multiple pages is consistent.

Adding the capability of decoding "stacked pages" leads to issues like you're describing.

Andy

Wait a minute, strike that. The "Record Delay" parameter doesn't kick in until an alert has already been generated, so it won't keep the program from generating multiple alerts if the same tone set is sent multiple times.

Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this situation?

Andy

N1EO

Wait a minute, strike that. The "Record Delay" parameter doesn't kick in until an alert has already been generated, so it won't keep the program from generating multiple alerts if the same tone set is sent multiple times.

Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this situation?

Andy

Not a programmer here, but could another line be added to the tone.cfg like below

[Tone1]
Atone =
Btone =
Description =
Emails =
Wait in secs = number of seconds before listing for the next Atone if left at 0 it could act as it does now.

Ed

DC31

Feed Provider
Runnng fine

Thanks for the help, andy. I have v46 up and runnin fine now. My problems were local and realated to the lame.exe file as you suggested. I was testing on a Wvista machine. When i tried it on the xp machine, no problems.

all your hard work is truly appreciated.

I know that it is getting quite trivial, but page recieved should really be page received

Andy14120

Nice to see new development.
I'm the other Andy... I posted the batch command stuff to do some other trick with the old version. It would be really nice to incorporate that into the new version if you could find the time. Here's some of the stuff that would be nice...
Each one of these things are for each tone set separately
- mp3 email list and record duration (allow 3 sets per tone [1])
- amr email list and record duration (allow 3 sets per tone [1]) (for sending to amr format audio to cell phones)
- configurable subjects with access to system variables such as tone name, date, time
- removal of gaps, and its configuration
- amount of audio compression
- normalization (have one crappy dispatcher that mumbles)
- low pass and high pass filters (drop out PL and noise)

Plus a lot of log file writing (if enabled) for troubleshooting.

Some ideas for other things...
Would be nice to specify instance 1 to use right channel audio, and instance 2 to use left channel. That way one sound input can alert on 2 different streams.
Have stacked tones send one message, but to all emails listed for each tone name.

NOTES
[1] multiple emails are to let me send out the audio after 30 seconds to cell phone to get a basic dispatch out right away. then 3 minutes of audio to get entire dispatch, then one hour to get the entire call (usually).
that works because of gap deletion.

But please leave in the "trigger external file" functionality so we can do custom things.

Thank you so much
Andy (the other one)

medictod

Feed Provider
Any hints on this one?

waiting for audio
recording audio
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x01E15830>
File "<string>", line 272, in alert
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect46\outPYZ1.pyz/os", line 150, in
makedirs
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect46\outPYZ1.pyz/os", line 157, in
makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: '.'

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Any hints on this one?

waiting for audio
recording audio
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x01E15830>
File "<string>", line 272, in alert
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect46\outPYZ1.pyz/os", line 150, in
makedirs
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect46\outPYZ1.pyz/os", line 157, in
makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: '.'

Do you have lame.exe in the program's directory?

Andy

medictod

Feed Provider
It was in the same directory, the solution was to not run the program from a folder on the desktop. Once I moved everything to the C: drive it worked better.
The program also does not like symbols in your email passord.
My old password had the # symbol in it, and it would hang up because of it.
I'll keep plugging along with it...

asmith136

Is there a way to run more then just one V46 program so I could use 1 for county freq and 1 for local freq. I tried it and both run but the tones detected are way off. If I have 1 running and the tone detected is 949.0 Hz when I start the 2nd one that 949.0 Hz tone now comes in as 626.0 Hz. I tried changing the name of the V46 program so both are not the same and still has the same problem with the tones.