srrcs is rebanding in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben96cal

GMclam; made the changes to the bandplan and haven;t heard anything since however I am getting the TG's popping up on the scanner but with no audio. It pops up for about 1-2 seconds and goes back to scanning... SacScan gave me that bandplan and said it was working for him all day.. Sure swapping is correct?

sharward

For those with Radio Shack PRO-107 scanners and software who may be having trouble right now...

I am the feed provider for Sacramento Police North Command. My scanner went silent a while ago (I assume on October 8th) but I'm back in business now. I used my scanner's software (PRO-107 iSCAN) to fetch the latest database. Unfortunately, it appears the database that my software fetches (version 102 dated 10/8/2011) does not yet reflect the new frequencies (I believe they update weekly), so I manually changed them.

I went to Advanced > Show Trunked Radio Systems Tab, then on the Trunked Radio Systems tab I navigated to where the frequencies for Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System reside under 001 City System. I manually updated all the frequencies (24 of them) based on what appears on this page.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Looking at the System type under program gives me P25 single channel and P25 Standard... I don't see a MOTO CC only mode..

It's automatic. You just need to enter the control channels.

And if your using the 996, you don't even need the band plan. the 996 supports it and recognizes its a rebanded system.

it seems your making it more complicated for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sacscan

GMclam; made the changes to the bandplan and haven;t heard anything since however I am getting the TG's popping up on the scanner but with no audio. It pops up for about 1-2 seconds and goes back to scanning... SacScan gave me that bandplan and said it was working for him all day.. Sure swapping is correct?
Try putting the bandplan back the way it was and only program in the 4 highest frequencies as control channels (853.6875, 853.800, 853.850, 853.875). I haven't had any problems with control channel bleed-through on my BC346XT.

Good to see the bandplan I gave you is working for you. ;)

Ben96cal

Ok switched the bandplan back and added the 4 new CC's and we're live again.. Should I use the same bandplan on the city system? or use the generic one..

sacscan

Ok switched the bandplan back and added the 4 new CC's and we're live again.. Should I use the same bandplan on the city system? or use the generic one..
Yes, use the same bandplan on the city system. I'm listening to it right now and it's working perfectly.

Ben96cal

Ok back to normal.. county is scratchy but hopefully the rebanded voice channels change that at the end.. City is much more clearer...

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
You have the offsets backwards on yours. That's why it didn't work for Ben96cal.

Maybe the offsets need to be backwards on GREs. I'll find out when I have to program one. ;)
No I was thrown off by the frequencies not being in ascending order. I corrected it above. My bad.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber

grrrr.. The fast train is back again bleeding through on 852.1000.. HELP!
852.1000 is a city voice frequency. It is not close to any county frequencies being used at the moment. I'm not sure why your scanner is even going there, unless you are monitoring the city system.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Well Ben, all the the control channels being used by both systems start with 853. MHz, so they're not close to 852.1000. I wonder what is near you bleeding on that frequency, of if the scanner is being told to go there (by data on the control channel), or the whole picture. Perhaps it is a digital talkgroup?

Ben96cal

If you jump into conventional mode do you hear the fast train noise on 852.1000? each time it stops on a different tg but it's always the same freq.. I'm in ID scan only monitoring the FD Tg's.. Hitting scan of course makes it stop for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.