TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v51 Released

I just posted v51. This version adds two things that have recently been requested:
  • The program will now re-read the email information from the tones.cfg file each time a valid tone set is detected. Note that it does NOT reread all info from the tones.cfg file, only the email info
  • Added two optional parameters that can be added to each tone set in the tones.cfg file:
alert_command - this is a command line that will be executed immediately upon detection of a valid tone set
post_email_command - this is a command line that will be executed after a valid tone set has been detected and emails have been sent​
I'd recommend putting whatever command line stuff you want to run into a batch file and calling the batch file from TwoToneDetect. That way you can test and debug the batch file independently of the program.

If you don't need these new features, no reason to upgrade. For those that were requesting these features, let me know how they work.

Andy

keithjjo

I configured v.51 last night with my ISP's mail server as the outgoing SMTP. I get:
smtplib.SMTPException: STARTTLS extension not supported by server.
when v.51 tries to send the email.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I have been using the program(v50) for a few days now. I really like and appreciate all the hard work to make this work!!!

Here are the bugs I have:

1) When starting the program, I get the following error:

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1."

Then I click continue and it appears again. I click continue again and it goes away and the program loads like it is suppose to.

2) Fire Department 1 has tones A) 400hz B)500hz. Fire Department 2 has tones A)500hz B)400hz. When paging out Fire Department 1, they do the two tone sequence twice, 400-500-400-500. The software detects the 2nd and 3rd tones as Fire Department 2.

Tim

v51 appears to have cleared up bug #1.

Bug #2, I increased the B tone time to 1.1 seconds, so far it has been working and hasn't missed any pages. I'm scanning 4 fire dispatch frequencies and 1 EMS dispatch frequency.

Tim

Manichee

Would it be possible to get date/time stamp on the output window of the program? I run it as a service using fire daemon with logging to a file and it would be nice to tell what time and date an event occurs.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Any chance we can get or revert to an MP3 codec that produces a file size similar to the AMR codec? It seems most Android devices won't play the .AMR extension and right now a 30 second MP3 recording is 255k which takes a while to download and play on most mobile networks.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm also having Android/amr issues. Once I switched my feed over to amr I started receiving reports from users who could no longer open the attachment. All are using the GMail app itself, and from reading around on some of the Android forums this is a known issue (so it certainly isn't anything TwoToneDetect is doing). Some people have success uninstalling the GMail app and re-installing. Other users just use the GMail mobile site, but that's a pain in the butt. For the time being I've created a 2nd group for my users. Group one (the majority) gets an amr attachment. Group 2 (people having issues with amr) get an mp3 attachment.

ScanYak

Feed Provider
I would also like to 2nd the consideration to revert to the smaller size Mp3 file. I'm still using v48 because I record a 5 minute file to get the on scene size-up transmission.

chad3405

Just an idea I had for those of us who run this on our primary computers.
Since two tone now has two windows running at all times, Is their a way to make it so that when two tone is minimized it moves over to the task bar by the clock. Right now I always have two items on the main task bar and it causes me to accidentally close all or part of the program. just some sort of hide when minimized option would be awesome.
Thanks,

JGrund85

Thanks!!

After many hours of tinkering and adding my departments numbers and emails, I have this program up and running with great success!

Just wanted to say thank you from all the guys at my department for creating this program! Everyone is very happy to have this.

One suggestion I keep getting is that it would be very nice to not only have the audio sound clip, but also have that audio clip converted to text, so that whatever is said will be converted to text and sent out as well...I know this would be a difficult task but it would be nice to have.

Again thanks so much for your time and effort you have and continue to put into this!

gfdfortynine

I would like to thank the creator of this software and the folks who have posted the installation for dummies info. I'm currently waiting for tones to test live for the first time. Seems there's no radio traffic when you want it.

One thing I will mention, maybe its already known, the software doesn't start with out speakers hooked up to your computer.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v52 Released

I just posted version 52, which adds two requested features:

• Added an option to the config file and window to allow selection of the mp3 encoder bitrate, which impacts file size and audio quality
  • Added timestamps to some of the debugging outputs

If you want to use your existing config file, you'll need to add one new parameter called mp3_bitrate. See the included sampleconfig.cfg file for details. This parameter can be edited through the program.

Let me know how it works.

Andy

chad3405

I would like to thank the creator of this software and the folks who have posted the installation for dummies info. I'm currently waiting for tones to test live for the first time. Seems there's no radio traffic when you want it.

Agreed!

Manichee

I just posted version 52, which adds two requested features:

• Added an option to the config file and window to allow selection of the mp3 encoder bitrate, which impacts file size and audio quality
  • Added timestamps to some of the debugging outputs

If you want to use your existing config file, you'll need to add one new parameter called mp3_bitrate. See the included sampleconfig.cfg file for details. This parameter can be edited through the program.

Let me know how it works.

Andy

Thanks. Trying it out now.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just upgraded to 52 as well, thanks for giving us the selectable mp3 bitrate! I noticed when I launch 52 the DOS window no longer lists how many tone sets were loaded. Is this normal? Also in regards to the post about the 2 windows being open all the time.. would it be possible to add a config item to suppress the DOS window and not need to have it open? Regardless, thanks for the support and updates!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Also in regards to the post about the 2 windows being open all the time.. would it be possible to add a config item to suppress the DOS window and not need to have it open?

This has to do with how the program is built (i.e. how it is converted from a python source file into a Windows executable). I just re-posted v52 to sourceforge with two different EXE files. The regular TwoToneDetect52.exe will now run without the console (DOS) window. The TwoToneDetect52_debug.exe version will run with the console window for those who are using it. A little redundant, but there are people who want it both ways, so I'll continue to build both versions in future releases.

Andy

chad3405

Great! so that will get it down to one window being always in the task bar right?

Is their any way to hide the one that remains when minamized? like what you can do with task manager you can select hide when minamized and it moves it to an icon by the clock.

Thanks
Chad

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
This has to do with how the program is built (i.e. how it is converted from a python source file into a Windows executable). I just re-posted v52 to sourceforge with two different EXE files. The regular TwoToneDetect52.exe will now run without the console (DOS) window. The TwoToneDetect52_debug.exe version will run with the console window for those who are using it. A little redundant, but there are people who want it both ways, so I'll continue to build both versions in future releases.

Andy

Wow, talk about quick service! Thanks very much!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Is their any way to hide the one that remains when minamized? like what you can do with task manager you can select hide when minamized and it moves it to an icon by the clock.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to do this with the Python GUI that I'm using.

Andy

tseymour91

Can anbody help with this error?

A Tone Found!
Checking for B Tone
Checking for B Tone
Checking for B Tone
Checking for B Tone
Checking for B Tone
Tone Set Found!
Fire Department
##########@mms.att.net

delay timer
waiting for audio
recording audio
done writing WAV
ffmpeg version N-32726-ga254452, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
built on Sep 19 2011 19:49:13 with gcc 4.6.1
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --ena
ble-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-
libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --ena
ble-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --en
able-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib

libavutil 51. 16. 1 / 51. 16. 1
libavcodec 53. 16. 0 / 53. 16. 0
libavformat 53. 12. 0 / 53. 12. 0
libavdevice 53. 4. 0 / 53. 4. 0
libavfilter 2. 43. 2 / 2. 43. 2
libswscale 2. 1. 0 / 2. 1. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
[wav @ 01FB9A60] parser not found for codec pcm_s16le, packets or times may be i
nvalid.
[wav @ 01FB9A60] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
Input #0, wav, from './audio/Plaquemine_Fire_Department_2011-11-2212_25_17_68900
0.wav':
Duration: 00:00:27.86, bitrate: 352 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 11025 Hz, 2 channels,
s16, 352 kb/s
[mp3 @ 020DD520] Unsupported sample rate.
Output #0, mp3, to './audio/Plaquemine_Fire_Department_2011-11-2212_25_17_689000
.mp3':
Metadata:
TSSE : Lavf53.12.0
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 11025 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 128 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0 (pcm_s16le -> libmp3lame)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
size= 219kB time=00:00:28.00 bitrate= 64.0kbits/s
video:0kB audio:219kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.014730%
done converting to MP3
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x014B7330>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 407, in alert
File "<string>", line 267, in mail
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect51\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 604
, in login
smtplib.SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted
. Learn more at\n5.7.1 My client isn't accepting my username and password - Gmail Help
c44sm20685629yhm.5')