URL syntax for live audio feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

director373

I am a RR feed operator- just purchased a Pioneer home theater receiver that has built-in vTuner application for streaming internet audio. I have ability to add/edit feeds, and would like to add a link to my streaming audio on RR. Allowable/supported file formats are MP3 and Windows Media Player. Can one of you experts advise what is proper URL that might link me directly to the MP3 output of my feed (my feed page is: Central Minnesota Police, Sheriff, Fire, and EMS Live Scanner Audio Feed).

I have tried several variations and not been successful.

Thank-you.

ibagli

I think mn_sherburne is the mount. The ex-ScanAmerica feeds (a lot of them, at least) seem to use short names instead of numbers.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
How would I go about finding the Port/mount numbers. Some I have seen are 80:12345678 (a series of numbers)?

I found them at one point, but can't remember how I did that.

talkpair

How would I go about finding the Port/mount numbers.

Open a stream using Windows Media Player.
Then look at 'Properties' from the 'File' menu.
You'll see the URL in the Location field.

You can also use WinAmp by opening a stream, then use ALT 3 to view the file information.

An .M3U file is a playlist file.
It contains a list of file names or URL's of streams that are to be played.
It also gives the launching application a clue about which application should be launched for an .M3U file.
Without the extension, the assumption could be made that it's a web page, not a media file.

Status
Not open for further replies.