BCD396XT / BCD996XT Firmware Update Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetboy50

Premium Subscriber
If you're using Win7, make sure to "Run as Administrator". Not sure if it's required, but it never hurts. I ran as admin, and it worked perfectly.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Something is wrong with your PC or the USB driver you are using. You cannot permanently brick the scanner itself...applying (and completing) the update always resolves this kind of issue.

mjbcomp

I have FREESCAN and communicate with my scanner all the time so how could my USB drivers be incorrect? I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if it makes a difference. Report back in a few.

W6KRU

I have FREESCAN and communicate with my scanner all the time so how could my USB drivers be incorrect? I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if it makes a difference. Report back in a few.

You should also try downloading the firmware file and unzipping it again in case it got corrupted somehow.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it unzipped OK, then the download was fine (one of the reasons I zip is that unzipping will generate an error if the download was corrupted or partial).

kd8x

Does playing around with the P25 mode setting do anything or must it remain at 11?? Also can we still adjust the P25 level to anything but 50??? I am not seeing a whole lot of difference just yet....

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It will change the starting point for the decode bandwidth. You can change any setting you want, that's why we put them there.

mjbcomp

Update

I just went to a different computer that has never had any Uniden software installed on it.

I installed the USB to Serial DB9 drivers ...OK
I downloaded BC_VUP Firmware Loader and the new firmware file.
Got the exact same results...Error when trying to install.

Now i am really stumped.

ak4fn

I am running windows 7 64bit and installed the firmware update without having to "right click and Run as Administrator" and it worked just fine.

I did go to check the firmware version to make sure as well after installing.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
mjbcomp: The error message you are getting is exactly the error you would get if you tried to update the scanner using the "zip" file.

mjbcomp

mjbcomp: The error message you are getting is exactly the error you would get if you tried to update the scanner using the "zip" file.

I have unzipped the file. The file is called: BCD396XT_V1_10_10.scn (1,834 KB)

I'm still having errors. I even went into Device Manager and looked at the 'Properties' of the COM port and played around with Baud Rate/Flow Control/etc....Nothing makes a difference.

I even downloaded the files again making sure to uninstall the Firmware update prior to installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.