• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Illegal, easy to get...but are they really wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbrown1075

Premium Subscriber
My thoughts are that no one should have the right to decide what and/or when I should or should not be allowed to communicate. Some people have body odor, including perfumes, that are very offensive to me. Some people's personal hygene is not to my standards, but I can't make them bath before entering a store or restaurant just because I don't like it. Same thing applies in my opinion. An individual does not have a right to take away someones elses right. That is why we have trial by jury. Again, just my opinion.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Running a jammer because someone annoys you isn't the solution. Educating people on common sense, manners and kindness would be the ideal thing, but that doesn't seem to be allowed.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

From comments I've seen from the public regarding the story about the guy on the bus on media websites, these jammers are about to exponentially explode in sales and use. Everybody wants them to shut up all the inconsiderate users they encounter everyday.

jackj

The problem isn't with people talking on a cell phone, the problem is with people talking on a cell phone and shouting at it. Loud talkers are offensive either talking on a phone or to the person seated next to them.

Bbourgeois

Premium Subscriber
Kbrown1075

Are you going to be getting your pointe coupee feed backup soon? We all miss it

RadioDaze

I'm glad this thread was revived, because it made me think of this question: How would things have gone if a certain movie theater we have all recently heard about had decided that a cell jammer was a good thing to install?

a cellular trap has been the answer to this for a long time. it traps the users cell phone regardless of provider and only allows 911 calls no internet, text just cell calls to 911.

it's basically a microcell that only allows 911 calls.

they can be installed on buses, trains, theaters, and since they are actually a miniature "LICENSED" cell site they are not jammers.

i believe VA's are presently using them to lower the threat of cellular activated explosives being placed on premises.

as buses and trains get replaced due to age they can be updated to have passive shielding over the 800mhz-6ghz range to preclude any chance of these microcells interfering with people on the streets.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm glad this thread was revived, because it made me think of this question: How would things have gone if a certain movie theater we have all recently heard about had decided that a cell jammer was a good thing to install?

It "should' be common sense in most peoples minds to put cell phones on vibrate or off during a movie, but in this case I'm sure there countless people all trying to call 911 at once in the the ensuing panic that followed.
I wonder if staff in the front lobby tried to call? Good question though, I've never heard of a theater with a onsite jammer.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.