Omaha Police/Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdlarson69

Premium Subscriber
I need help programing my new Radio Shack PRO-163 scanner. I have read all I could find on programing trunk channels, but I am lost. Any ideas on which store in Omaha has the best help?

Thank you!

SquierStrat

You wont be able to listen to the omaha police and fire with the Pro 163. You will need a digital scanner to listen to this.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Its okay because RadioShack wouldn't have known you needed a digital scanner either. :roll:

jessep28

Yeah, I would recommend taking the scanner back and getting a model with an APCO 25 chip if you can afford one.

Ensnared

30 Day Trial at RS

I need help programing my new Radio Shack PRO-163 scanner. I have read all I could find on programing trunk channels, but I am lost. Any ideas on which store in Omaha has the best help?

Thank you!

I cannot believe that RS sold you an analog radio for monitoring the Omaha area. I believe, with a receipt, RS will refund your money. Then, you might want to apply that money toward a Pro-106 (hand held) or Pro-197 (table top).

If you are really observant, you might happen to find either of these radios at a pawn shop. But, if you do, I would strongly recommend running it by a scanner friend or someone on RR. Some pawn stores are rather clueless about digital scanners. Others are more knowledgeable. You never know.

When and if you buy a digital scanner, you will find the Omaha area to be quite interesting and active. It is one of my favorite places to scan.

pdlarson69

Premium Subscriber
Well, can't get to a store very easily, so this was purchased online, but, have sent things back to them before, so shouldn't be a problem this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.