SFFD Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0web

Premium Subscriber
lets us see if this about the feed or the personally behind the feed.

I put in my App today and lets see what happens, But from the sound of the FORUMS ADMINS I don't thinks it will happen...

TWO 3 alarm fires within the city over the last THREE DAYS and no RR feed.

This will be my last attemp to restore a SFFD feed.

If you have a problem with my restoring a SFFD Feed take it with the admins.

com501

Why not host BOTH feeds, yours and the one that is down? What is harmful about having two feeds, particularly if one is down a lot?

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
The SF Fire feed at this link has been offline for weeks:

San Francisco Fire and EMS Live Scanner Audio Feed

Then, as soon as I report the feed being offline, and ask about having George provide the feed instead, my thread is closed and locked by the administrator and this feed miraculously shows being online again.

Calling this feed "online" is a fiction. There is no audio coming out of this feed, so as far as any reasonable person would be concerned, the feed is still offline.

Is there some political reason for this course of events? The feed is not working, the administrators just today denied George's request to provide the feed, and the interests of the members are not being served.

I would really appreciate an operational feed, and there are probably other members who feel the same. George is across the street from the SF comm center, so there is no better location for the feed provider.

Bearyw

Feed Provider
My apologies for the feed being down. It went down the day after I went on a trip to China and I was unable to fix it remotely. It's back up today.

Again my apologies, especially since there was a lot of activity during that time frame.

richtidd

Database Admin
The SF Fire feed at this link has been offline for weeks:

San Francisco Fire and EMS Live Scanner Audio Feed

Then, as soon as I report the feed being offline, and ask about having George provide the feed instead, my thread is closed and locked by the administrator and this feed miraculously shows being online again.

Calling this feed "online" is a fiction. There is no audio coming out of this feed, so as far as any reasonable person would be concerned, the feed is still offline.

Is there some political reason for this course of events? The feed is not working, the administrators just today denied George's request to provide the feed, and the interests of the members are not being served.

I would really appreciate an operational feed, and there are probably other members who feel the same. George is across the street from the SF comm center, so there is no better location for the feed provider.

Here are the facts:
1 There was a new feed application for a San Francisco Fire and EMS feed today.
2 As I was working the feed, I saw the existing San Francisco Fire and EMS feed was online & working. I listened to it for a while. I heard very good audio & lost of general action.
3 Based on our policy of not duplicating exact same feeds, I denied the new feed application as I have done many times with other feed owners in the same situation of applying for a feed that exists.

Fact: The existing San Francisco Fire and EMS feed was online and working earlier today with good audio.

Fact: At this time, the San Francisco Fire and EMS is still online and working with good audio.

Feeds come & go at the feed owners will for any reason.

Since the existing feed was not auto system deleted in the 21 days we allow for a feed to be offline, the feed owner is able to resume broadcasting. This logs show the feed owner brought the feed back online.

RR Live Audio has had nothing to with the existing San Francisco Fire and EMS being offline or coming back on line.

WB6WQF

Premium Subscriber
My apologies for the feed being down. It went down the day after I went on a trip to China and I was unable to fix it remotely. It's back up today.

Again my apologies, especially since there was a lot of activity during that time frame.

Thank you Bearyw! It's playing again on my iPhone.

paulbarwick

Dear Bearyw, Congratulations on getting the feed back up after the radio rebanding in SF. I use Motorola 2 ways as scanners here in SF and am still working on getting them reprogrammed.

You do realize that right now you are broadcasting ALL SF city radio channels; Fire, Police, Parking Control, and school maintenance? Is a bit overwhelming, and parking control seems to grab the channel the most. It would be nice to go back to just Fire on this channel. I wouldn't mind having a PD channel as well, but not not all mashed together with fire and parking as it is today. If no one else comes up with PD, maybe I will do that someday if I can figure out how. Thanks.

Bearyw

Feed Provider
My apologies, after the rebanding my Talk groups got messed up. I will work on that in the next few days.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Feed listeners, please move feed issues to the listener support forum or contact the member directly. This forum is for feed providers to get support from the administration. Thanks.

Bearyw

Feed Provider
Still having trouble programming my scanner after the rebanding. Don't know why, but I'm receiving all City traffic, still looking for my programming instructions. Please bear with me, should have it fixed in a day or so.

nfd24norf

Could 2 feeds be bad??

I am huge fan of radioreference, and not to stir the pot, but just out of curiousity why is it so bad to have two feeds of the same thing? It provides a back up in cases such as this when a feed does go down, and in all honesty the previous SFFD feed had little to no static as this one often does. I also know beggars can't be choosers but feed providers come and go and having a secondary or back up feed doesn't seem like it should be looked down upon. Aside from that there are quite a few feeds of major metropolitan areas ie Miami Dade Police which are extremely staticy. If someone were to come along willing to provide a feed that could offer a clearer feed/better audio or one with text tags for example they would be turned down. That may be a policy that admins may consider taking a second vote on.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
One word.

Bandwidth.

If two people stream the same thing, it's double the cost. If two are different, it makes more sense and most cost effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.