Brazos Valley Activity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

svfd455

Feed Provider
burleson county will be switching to narrow band vhf and wideband for now and maybe into digital vhf later with only a 700 to be interop with the surrounding counties.

aggie1876

I just dug out my old analog scanner but can't seem to pick anything up. How successful are the new P25 compatible scanners in picking up the CSPD and Bryan PD? Are they using encryption? I'm thinking about making the investment in one of the digital scanners, but I don't want to be dissappointed.

csfd77

Feed Provider
I have a the RadioShack PRO-106 Scanner and pickup everything in the county great. CS fire/EMS/PD Bryan Fire/EMS/PD, A&M EMS, Brazos County Fire Depts, BCSO and BC Constables. Most PD channels are not encrypted.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I just dug out my old analog scanner but can't seem to pick anything up. How successful are the new P25 compatible scanners in picking up the CSPD and Bryan PD? Are they using encryption? I'm thinking about making the investment in one of the digital scanners, but I don't want to be dissappointed.

Bryan Police, Bryan Fire, Brazos County SO, Brazos County Constables, Brazos County VFD, College Station PD, College Station FD, College Station Utilities, TAMU PD, TAMU EMS, and Blinn College PD Bryan are all on the digital TxWARN system. They are all unencrypted, with the exception of most of the non-dispatch channels (Car-to-car, TAC channels, CID, etc.) for Bryan PD. SO TAC channels are not encrypted, but the CID, SWAT, and HNT channels are. You can still monitor the VHF patch for SO primary, as well as those of Brazos County VFD and Bryan Fire with an analog scanner. For everything else, you'll need a digital scanner.

brentwalther

I have a the RadioShack PRO-106 Scanner and pickup everything in the county great. CS fire/EMS/PD Bryan Fire/EMS/PD, A&M EMS, Brazos County Fire Depts, BCSO and BC Constables. Most PD channels are not encrypted.

I'm interested in listening to talkgroups on the A&M Motorola Type || Smartnet. Is this scanner compatible? Specifically I want to listen the Transit talkgroup.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I'm interested in listening to talkgroups on the A&M Motorola Type || Smartnet. Is this scanner compatible? Specifically I want to listen the Transit talkgroup.

Any scanner capable of trunking will work for this system. If you're talking about the University Transit System, which ones are you interested in listening to? If it's the bus stuff, they normally operate off of these channels:

5904...CH. 4B BUS ADMIN
5840...CH. 4C BUS OPS 1
5872...CH. 4D BUS OPS 2

Or, if you're interested, all the UTS channels:
4752...CH. 1A VEHICLE LEASING
5488...CH. 2A AIRPORT OPERATIONS
5552...CH. 2B AIRPORT MAINTENANCE
5584...CH. 2C AIRPORT SECURITY
5072...CH. 3A PARKING ENFORCEMENT DISPATCH
5136...CH. 3B PARKING ENFORCEMENT PARKING GARAGES
5104...CH. 3C PARKING ENFORCEMENT EVENT 1
5186...CH. 3D PARKING ENFORCEMENT EVENT 2
5232...CH. 3E PARKING ENFORCEMENT LOT CASHIERS

brentwalther

I'm interested in the bus channels, to be specific. What's the cheapest capable scanner I could buy to be compatible with that?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Back to the top for this old thread. Important to see where the changes all came from. Also, several updates to Brazos and Burleson Counties have been entered into the database to reflect the current radio usage in the area, with more to come.

svfd455

Feed Provider
Burleson county changes

Burleson county is in the process of putting in a voting repeater system and at least 1 new channel if not 2 for le, fire, and ems

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Noticed today that DPS Bryan changed their call sign from KKV-232 to KKM-304.
Interesting... that is a statewide temporary base license. Sounds like they moved the base/repeater to a new tower for which they don't have a site-specific license yet.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
The tower they were using was located at their old office, which they moved out of a few years ago. The new office didn't have a tower at last check, so I suspect they built a new one there.

svfd455

Feed Provider
DPS callsign

The KKV232 was cancelled back in 2012 and they are just now changing their callsign on air. I guess its better late than never I've heard the KKV232 as of a month ago.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
The KKV232 was cancelled back in 2012 and they are just now changing their callsign on air. I guess its better late than never I've heard the KKV232 as of a month ago.

They're still using it as of about five minutes ago...

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
An interesting development...
Devices will improve communication for College Station firefighters - The Eagle: Local News

Apparently, CSFD has had some trouble communicating in certain buildings. It appears that they have installed some sort of conventional analog repeater system.

If I recall correctly, they have been testing what sounded like some sort of analog conventional channel that was being patched to CSFD TAC 7 for the last few months now. Can anyone fill me in on what the frequency might be?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
CSFD is testing the new channel this evening. Apparently, it's being patched to TAC 6, and is being referred to as "Fireground".

nd5y

Status
Not open for further replies.