New Britain TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It appears, at least for a while today, that New Britain had added 860.2125 back into the system as a control channel.
I had no activity until I added that back (it had a strong CC as heard from Glastonbury) and then the system became active.
I can't normally hear them so I don't know if that has been going on for a while or if I may have had something else messed up that was corrected by adding the 860 channel.
That channel was supposedly traded away to Nextel and is currently unlicensed.

Chris

wesct

You are correct, Chris.

Someone jumped the gun and eliminated the 860.2125 from the database.
So, The Home Patrol is now not correct.

Good thing I have the Butel Software!

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It would not be jumping the gun if the frequency was not used by the TRS or licensed by NB. Seems like a legitimate deletion to me. Think before you speak.

cg

Premium Subscriber
People should monitor before they submit (or post). Unlicensed frequency 860.2125 WAS an active control channel last week. I don't live nearby or I could monitor it and see if it is still a CC or is at least in the rotation. It may have been removed when the 854.xxxx freq was added but it was active last week.

chris

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Just because a freq is not licensed does not mean its not unused. If a freq is in use and can be verified on its use, it can be in the database.

I did not handle that submission but it appears that some people are just submitting information hat isnt correct or verified more often.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Just because a freq is not licensed does not mean its not unused. If a freq is in use and can be verified on its use, it can be in the database.

I did not handle that submission but it appears that some people are just submitting information hat isnt correct or verified more often.

Sprite9890

Feed Provider
I live in Farmington and cannot get my scanner (BCD996XT) to pick up the control channel. I just downloaded the newest version from radioreference directly but I have a feeling it is not up to date. Anyone have the current frequency list and configurations?

Any help is appreciated.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you have issues with several 800 MHz systems, the first thing I would ask is if you are near a cell tower. If not, what are you using for an antenna?
800 MHz is prone to interference from several cellphone providers towers. You also can have interference from your own phone. 800 MHz also has less range when compared to similar output power on UHF or VHF.
Do a search on the 800 band and see if you hear the data channels in conventional mode. If so, double check your programming. If not, try relocating within your house or move your vehicle.
Odds are that you have either physical or RF barriers to decent reception.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.