TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

DC31

Feed Provider
The bcc option was added in v55. If you are running an older version of TTD you won't have it. See the release notes fior v55 in the readme file for additional information.

ziesenis

WAV support

I have a few guys that have the shiny fancy new iPhone which conveniently doesn't support .amr files. They are also on AT&T which won't allow .mp3's to be sent in an mms.. Is there any way you can add support for the .wav format to this version? I know it seems old fashion, but that's the only way it will work for them..

ziesenis

I also have the shiny new version (4s). It works flawlessly with all amr and mp3 attachments. Your users who are having trouble may need to contact ATT to provision their acct properly.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

I was misinformed by them apparently. I'll let them know to get everything set straight so I can finally make the switch over to 56. Thank you!

iamhere300

The bcc option was added in v55. If you are running an older version of TTD you won't have it. See the release notes fior v55 in the readme file for additional information.

Thanks. I went to 56, and there it was. Seems to work fine.

I guess I need to keep track of updates better!

ziesenis

I guess you should be careful for what you ask for.. I'm not sure how or what is happening, but with my address under the "mp3_Emails" I am receiving a .wav file instead of an .mp3 file.. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind.. Created a second copy for another radio and forgot to drop in the ffmpeg in the folder.

Last edited:

dlnorth

Need for multiple sound cards?

I'm using my one and only sound card to run a live feed from my scanner. Will TTD require a 2nd sound card or a separate PC to run properly or can I use the sound card that is already being used for the live feed?

Thanks

oneidoc

Target Machine Actively Refused error

I have the latest software and the latest FFMPEG file. The software is able to find my tones and start recording but I get an error message, which I will post below. I am sending through gmail on port 587. Any suggetions? Thanks

A Tone Found! 17:45:01
Checking for B Tone 17:45:01
Checking for B Tone2 17:45:05
Tone Set Found! 17:45:05
Staunton Fire 17:45:05
6185304084@mms.att.net
;Email addresses to send AMR attachment to. Separate with commas
delay timer 17:45:05
waiting for audio 17:45:08
recording audio 17:45:09
done writing WAV 17:45:46
ffmpeg version N-43804-g780bf75 Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
built on Aug 21 2012 21:11:37 with gcc 4.7.1 (GCC)
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-pthreads --enable-runt
ime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libass -
-enable-libcelt --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-l
ibfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libopenj
peg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheo
ra --enable-libutvideo --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-li
bvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --ena
ble-zlib
libavutil 51. 70.100 / 51. 70.100
libavcodec 54. 54.100 / 54. 54.100
libavformat 54. 25.104 / 54. 25.104
libavdevice 54. 2.100 / 54. 2.100
libavfilter 3. 13.100 / 3. 13.100
libswscale 2. 1.101 / 2. 1.101
libswresample 0. 15.100 / 0. 15.100
libpostproc 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100
[wav @ 01ebc400] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.0 : stereo
Input #0, wav, from './audio/Staunton_Fire_2012-09-0817_45_46_361000.wav':
Duration: 00:00:37.15, bitrate: 352 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 11025 Hz, stereo, s16
, 352 kb/s
Output #0, mp3, to './audio/Staunton_Fire_2012-09-0817_45_46_361000.mp3':
Metadata:
TSSE : Lavf54.25.104
Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3, 11025 Hz, stereo, s16, 32 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (pcm_s16le -> libmp3lame)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
size= 146kB time=00:00:37.20 bitrate= 32.1kbits/s
video:0kB audio:146kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.162857%
done converting to MP3 17:45:47
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x030899B0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 482, in alert
File "<string>", line 316, in mail
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect56_debug\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", li
ne 242, in __init__
ne 302, in connect
ne 277, in _get_socket
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect56_debug\outPYZ1.pyz/socket", lin
e 571, in create_connection
socket.error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machi
ne actively refused it

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm having a problem every time I enable scanner control. I tend to miss pages entirely and sometimes I end up with a misidentified page.

Would it be possible to add a parameter that specifies the amount of time the scanner will sit on a channel looking at the audio before deciding it's not the A or long B tone and rescanning?

I'm hoping to be able to watch the scanner and program tomorrow during the test pages to determine what's happening.

I'm running v56 and just reenabled scanning control after reading this version contained some improvements to the scanner control routines.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I'm using my one and only sound card to run a live feed from my scanner. Will TTD require a 2nd sound card or a separate PC to run properly or can I use the sound card that is already being used for the live feed?

Thanks

Using the program 'Virtual Audio Cable" should handle this patching for you.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin

Thanks

I run a feed and TTD on the same sound card. Works fine.

bendsley

Feed Provider
Auto Forward

I setup TTD for members of my department and now neighboring departments have asked me to send their pages out too. Wondering if anyone knows of a good way for me to send the pages to one email address, then the other department go to a website that they can manage their members and that auto forwards the page to their members. Does anyone know of good website that offers this service for preferably free? Trying to make it easier to manage the address list by make one person at each department responsible for updating their own addresses. Thanks for the great program!

Brent

bdelisa

Trouble

Maybe someone can help. I tried about 6 months ago the new python version. The issue is that the program always recognizes the tones and starts recording however at least half the time the file is all static both mp3 and amr. I know it is a clean signal and I also tried the latest version with the same problem. Now the original labview version works fine although does lockup at times.

kenmaples

Output Variables

Andy,
In Labview version you had a few output variables ([p] and [d]). Do you have a list of variables that are present in the most current version (56)?

Thanks!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Maybe someone can help. I tried about 6 months ago the new python version. The issue is that the program always recognizes the tones and starts recording however at least half the time the file is all static both mp3 and amr. I know it is a clean signal and I also tried the latest version with the same problem. Now the original labview version works fine although does lockup at times.

I've had that problem with some built-in sound cards on Dell computers. I have not been able to get those things to work well. Using a different sound card solved the problem.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy,
In Labview version you had a few output variables ([p] and [d]). Do you have a list of variables that are present in the most current version (56)?

Thanks!

I'd actually completely forgotten about that feature in the old version. There isn't currently anything like that in the Python versions. It could probably be done, any requests for specific info to make available?

Andy

kenmaples

I'd actually completely forgotten about that feature in the old version. There isn't currently anything like that in the Python versions. It could probably be done, any requests for specific info to make available?

Andy

I am playing with push notifications using an alert_command script. I think it would be nice to be able to pass the variables for Description and Alert Time (shows in the debug log as "Tone Set Found! %TIME% or %DESCRIPTION% %TIME%). It would also be nice to get the file path after the audio conversion was complete, understanding that it would not be available to use for alert_command, but potentially as a follow up for post_email_command.

I do have a current workaround to this as I can still grab current system time (only a few seconds off), and can create multiple copies of the script to identify the unit toned.

Thank you!

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Double Pages

I am having an issues with the program sending out double pages for some sets of tones. It seems to be consistent to the same sets of tones. I have double checked the tones file and there is no duplication of addresses. Any suggestions?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I am having an issues with the program sending out double pages for some sets of tones. It seems to be consistent to the same sets of tones. I have double checked the tones file and there is no duplication of addresses. Any suggestions?

What version of the program are you using and what are the settings in the tones.cfg file for the problematic tone sets?

Andy

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I figured out what happened. I had previously downloaded the program to work on another computer and event installed it in the start up menu. That particular computer runs a weather station and runs 24/7. I had exited the program and decided to run it on a different computer that got better radio reception. Well when the old computer restarted it launched the Two Tone Detect and I was receiving dual pages. Kinda embarrassing. Should have assumed user error! Thanks for the helps!

Brandn