droid apps that receive audio and alpha tags from scannercast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8zuz

I have been running scannercast for a few years now and it has worked marvelously. Many Kudos to Peter! I mostly have used it for my own personal use because I have some stuff on there I don't want to broadcast to the whole world.

I just got a smartphone, android flavor, and am looking for an audio app that also will receive the alpha tags from scannercast. The only one so far that I've found has been AOR (not the scanner company). The only problem is the alpha tags are super tiny sized which are very hard to read.

On the PC, winamp works very well but the mobile version doesn't seem to pass along the alpha tags.

Any ideas? I searched the forums and the only one I found mentioned was tunewiki but I can't get my URL to work in there.

What are other users of scannercast using to get alpha tags?

Thanks,
Jeff

n8zuz

WinAmp does pass the tags from your own home scanner.

I can't get my URL into winamp. I've even used the browser and selected winamp but it still won't connect up for some reason. What's the trick?

Winamp sure works slick with my feed on the PC. I just can't get it to work on my android.

I can't get my URL into winamp. I've even used the browser and selected winamp but it still won't connect up for some reason. What's the trick?

Winamp sure works slick with my feed on the PC. I just can't get it to work on my android.

I've got the same problem. I still haven't figured out how to make it work. I keep wondering if you have to have the paid version for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.