TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

10-75

Feed Provider
Adding tones to the spreadsheet

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but, How do you configure the tones in the spreadsheet? Any help would be appreciated..... Thanks!

Last edited:

10-75

Feed Provider
Adding tones to the spreadsheet

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but, How do you configure the tones in the spreadsheet? Any help would be appreciated..... Thanks!

kc2kvy

Feed Provider

Eli, if you need a hand you can give me a call.

A Downey

abross

I am trying to run version 56. I keep getting the error:

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive D:."

Any help would be appreciated.

btw: This program is awesome.

webby52

Premium Subscriber
Andy I am having trouble decoding one of my stations...the tones are 1082.1 and 2575.0. The TTD never seems to pick up on the second tone. Is there a limit on the tone detection?

firemanx

Let me first begin by saying thank you for taking the time to develop and continue to support this piece of software. It has been an excellent resource for me and my department.

I am recently having trouble with the software beginning. I attempt to execute the software, and it immediately closes, the menu itself never actually fires up. Same is true for the debug exe, I have attempted to run them w/ administrator rights with the same result. I am running Win 7, x86. No changes have been made to the system or the TTD setup, however all of a sudden it doesn't want to play well.

I re downloaded the v56 zip and tried to run from a fresh copy with the same results.

Any info, insight or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

First off, thanks for such a great app! We're writing some "plugins" for it to accomplish some custom functionality for us.

What would be helpful for us, and I suspect others, would be that the body of the emails could be configurable as a parameter for the tones.cfg file. So instead of each email having the default body of "Page Received", each tone could be configured to have its own custom message.

Thanks much and keep up the excellent work!

firemanx

Let me first begin by saying thank you for taking the time to develop and continue to support this piece of software. It has been an excellent resource for me and my department.

I am recently having trouble with the software beginning. I attempt to execute the software, and it immediately closes, the menu itself never actually fires up. Same is true for the debug exe, I have attempted to run them w/ administrator rights with the same result. I am running Win 7, x86. No changes have been made to the system or the TTD setup, however all of a sudden it doesn't want to play well.

I re downloaded the v56 zip and tried to run from a fresh copy with the same results.

Any info, insight or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for adding an unnesscery post, I didn't find an option of editing the original.

I found the source of my problem. I was attempting to manage TTD through Remote Desktop and had the "play sound on this computer" option enabled, which in turn disables any recording device on the remote computer.

Once I turned this option off, and reconnected to the remote computer running TTD, I was able to run the application.

However, I do have a problem with TTD freezing up every 2-3 days, perhaps it's my specific server; does anyone else find they need to restart TTD every so often?

Thanks.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
What is the best way to send out .amr audio files only? Right now when I put all the subscribers in the .amr field and a 0 in the .mp3 field the program does not seem to want to send out the page. However if there is at least one email address in the .mp3 field it seems to work fine sending out all the rest in the .amr format.

Any suggestions?

kenmaples

What is the best way to send out .amr audio files only? Right now when I put all the subscribers in the .amr field and a 0 in the .mp3 field the program does not seem to want to send out the page. However if there is at least one email address in the .mp3 field it seems to work fine sending out all the rest in the .amr format.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried removing the mp3 field? I am not home so I can not test, but I do not believe that it is require.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy I am having trouble decoding one of my stations...the tones are 1082.1 and 2575.0. The TTD never seems to pick up on the second tone. Is there a limit on the tone detection?

Upper limit should be 3000 Hz, so it should be ok with that tone. You might try recording the tone set with the same PC and checking the frequency with Audacity to see what frequency the computer is actually seeing the tone as. You might need to increase the tolerance. At those higher frequencies the frequency response of the audio path may become a factor also...is there another lower frequency component showing up with a greater amplitude? If so, that will definitely cause problems.

Andy

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
i am running three different one's and i've been having trouble with the 54v. i will lock up and not receive any audio so i close it and reopen it and it works fine for a day and it just did it again today. i didnt see any errors.

any help would be great.,

thanks,
matt

kevine

I have been running v51 for a long time. All of a sudden it is missing pages. Nothing has changed. It is either hit or miss. Some go through and some don't. It is missing the B tone and the B tone is the same frequency for the entire department. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

FVFD23

Help!!! I downloaded Two Tone Detect and set everything up. Had a hard time with FFMpeg but I think I finally got it loaded. When I open the program should I have a black box open up with tones for the program to work? I am not seeing the black box. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

kenmaples

I got it to recognize the tones but it didn't send a message. Do I have to keep my e-mail open for it to work?

Your email does not need to be opened. You should have configured your mail settings within the application. Did you do this? Are you running the debug version of the application so that you can see the output? If so what was reported after the tone save/conversion?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FVFD23

This is what I have recorded on the debug version. Still not receiving any messages. I have attached what I have recorded today. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• TwoTone Detect 09-30-12.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 150

kenmaples

This is what I have recorded on the debug version. Still not receiving any messages. I have attached what I have recorded today. Thanks for any help.

Can you send your tones file? x out any personal emails. Looking at the debug it looks like you still have the example emails in there?!

Who is your carrier? Are you able to manually send email to your mypixmessages.com?

FVFD23

I have attached the tone file to this post. I cleaned it up this evening. Haven't had ant pages so far tonight. I am using Verizon Wireless as a carrier. I was able to manually send an email with an audio attachment to my cell phone address and that worked fine. Thanks again for the assistance.

Attachments

• Tones Copy.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 155