input freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcole

Does anyone know the input freq to the 155.595 pd repeater?
The output has been very noisey lately, almost unreadable this morning in
Moncks Corner. I'd like to listen to the input to see how it sounds.

Thanks...

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
In the database, just click the button to show input frequencies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
In the database, just click the button to show input frequencies.

The database isn't showing the offsets for 155.595 and on VHF, they can be any frequency. On the license I see 154.830. This could be it so its worth a try.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Then the likely issue is that the input frequency has not been submitted. In the LMR world offsets are not used, just input and output. When you program a true LMR radio you enter both the receive AND transmit.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
I'm not that familiar with input and output frequencies, but wouldn't they both have to be on the FCC license if they are to be used on a repeater system?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

barry008 said:
I'm not that familiar with input and output frequencies...

Input is the repeater receive frequency (mobile transmit) output is the repeater transmit frequency (mobile receive) You transmit IN to the repeater and your signal is re-transmitted OUT of the repeater.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

barry008 said:
... but wouldn't they both have to be on the FCC license if they are to be used on a repeater system?

Yes, unless they are a federal user or a military user. Those assignments are controlled and issued by another agency, and that information is not publicly available

Last edited:

pcole

re:input freq

Thanks to all for the responces....154.83 is it. I'm using a Pro-197 in the car and have been having
trouble hearing them. Not sure what's going on but I'm going to give the antenna a hard look.
I'm surprized they haven't gone to the PAL-800 system but that may be a cost consideration.

Pete....

pcole

re: input

Another thought.....in answer to kayn1n32008....do you remember when each freq TX and RX was a separate
crystal that had to be trimmed on frequency with a service monitor. I still have mine...a Motorola R-2200.
Ahhh...the good old days.....

symtron

Feed Provider
I'm not that familiar with input and output frequencies, but wouldn't they both have to be on the FCC license if they are to be used on a repeater system?

Yes the Mobile Transmit freqency is required to be licensed. However its not required to be on the same license as the FB2 (the mobile relay), and unless the licensee has listed the mobile input as a associated license the Coordinator will probably not know...

The FCC has/will be asked to consider that at least a FX1(control station) be required to be listed on the license for each FB2 in the future. The PS Coordinators are having a devil of a time especially on 150-174MHz with this because the coordinators many times have no way of knowing what the input of a particular repeater is....

With the advent of Digital Transmissions the co-channel use of a digital xmiter and an analog rx is bad juju.. The widespread use of MotoTrbo has really made this omission in the database stickout. The Coordinators are picking in the dark many times.

If the FX1 was listed on the FB2 license, they would have a heads up to not pick that freq...

I know that this was long, but I wanted to let you know, we're trying to help this situation...

Symtron

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Symtron, that explanation was what I was looking for even though my question was kind of short and off base slightly. Before I typed my question, I had read up on the input and output frequency protocol and was perplexed at the VHF I/O into repeaters and thought that most scannists on this site were familiar with the repeater ins and outs associated with manual programming of individual radio scanners. I was dismayed that the FCC had not rectified as of the last printing on their website that VHF was still not a "fixed" system as UHF, UHF"T", 800, and 900 MHz are today. As I read it, the input frequencies into a repeater system could be higher or lower than the output as long as the frequencies were at least 0.600 MHz apart from each other to, of course, alleviate interference.
Sorry for the long winded response, all I wanted to do was help pcole get back to receiving his local PD broadcasts.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

barry008 said:
Thank you Symtron, that explanation was what I was looking for even though my question was kind of short and off base slightly. Before I typed my question, I had read up on the input and output frequency protocol and was perplexed at the VHF I/O into repeaters and thought that most scannists on this site were familiar with the repeater ins and outs associated with manual programming of individual radio scanners. I was dismayed that the FCC had not rectified as of the last printing on their website that VHF was still not a "fixed" system as UHF, UHF"T", 800, and 900 MHz are today. As I read it, the input frequencies into a repeater system could be higher or lower than the output as long as the frequencies were at least 0.600 MHz apart from each other to, of course, alleviate interference.
Sorry for the long winded response, all I wanted to do was help pcole get back to receiving his local PD broadcasts.

The difference between in/output on LMR Vhf repeaters can be LESS than 600KHz.
600KHz is, more or less, the standard amateur radio offset.

I have worked for some companies that have Vhf repeaters with 500Khz-ish difference between input and output. The only places in the Vhf-hi band that has 'set' in/outputs is Marine and Amateur bands.

yeah the good old days where the old stuff was stronger than all of this new p 25 mess used to be able to buy a scanner and you didnt need a computer to program or update it just put in the freqs and started listening that was a lot more fun back then

quarterwave

Check out Easley Fire Department's frequencies of 154.145 mhz FB2 and 153.890 MO. Bet that duplexer is a pain to tune up.

Bob

Yeah, back in my M days the local FD had a really tight split. When we put the backup repeater in at the firehouse, it was a Desktrac. The duplexor was about 5 feet long, 4 feet tall and 3 feet deep....in a metal enclosure....it was crazy...lost at least half your power in that sucker.

Would have been much better if they would have listened to me (rather than the salesman), and used an L53 Desktrac base...which we could program for half duplex operation and simplex on the output...that way if the main repeater was down, they could talk to any unit regardless if they changed to talk around or not. And, could have gotten 50 watts to the antenna instead of 15 or 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.