TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

smittyj77

Unfortunately our Canadian cell phone Co's strip the file regardless. There seems to be no free way to send email to mms text. I have done some research and have found companies which you can pay to send mms messages via email.

What I have done is just send the text, which is the alert and also send email to the recipients email address. They then check the email if they wish to hear the page. There are some on my department that use the email only option because their phones show new email just as fast as a new text.

Not all carriers strip the attachments, Rogers and Bell do, Telus doesn't.

If you have Telus and iPhone you need to send as a .amr

I have lots of people able to receive MMS through their smartphone on Telus.

10digitnumber@mms.telusmobility.com

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

gfdfortynine

Not all carriers strip the attachments, Rogers and Bell do, Telus doesn't.

If you have Telus and iPhone you need to send as a .amr

I have lots of people able to receive MMS through their smartphone on Telus.

10digitnumber@mms.telusmobility.com

Good to know Telus now has email to mms maybe the others will follow. Do the ones without iPhones get mp3

Last edited:

smittyj77

Everyone gets .amr works on iphone and Blackberry, I send .mp3 to emails.

I'm also using google groups which I noticed plays a role whether or not people receive the attachment, it seems if I send direct from Two Tone Detect - or Safealert which I was using then the attachment gets stripped either way, but if you send it to google groups first and have google groups send your mms for if it seems to retain the attachment.

pddispatcher

How do you change so that it will record Mono and not stereo for a smaller kb file sent to cell phones ?

TSFD

Feed Provider
How do you change so that it will record Mono and not stereo for a smaller kb file sent to cell phones ?

There currently isn't a way to do it. However, the second channel has no audio so it doesn't actually increase the file size.

The best way to change the file size is to lower the MP3 Encoding Bitrate. I use 16000, which is the best balance between quality and file size. 60 Seconds is typically around 110KB and 120 seconds is 220KB

I assume you have already added FFMPEG.exe to the root of the Two Tone Directory. If not, the system will send out the files as WAVs which are very large.

pddispatcher

Thanks, Yeah I had it set to 32000 and the file was around 600kb. I lowered it to 16000 and will be curious to see what the kb will be then. I am recording for 38 seconds and sending notifications out to 6 departments and about 35 people so far.

They are amazed LOL

TSFD

Feed Provider
Thanks, Yeah I had it set to 32000 and the file was around 600kb. I lowered it to 16000 and will be curious to see what the kb will be then. I am recording for 38 seconds and sending notifications out

Based on the file size, it sounds like you do not have FFMPEG.exe on the computer. Download FFMPEG here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-20121105-git-c995644-win32-static.7z

This file is compressed using 7 Zip. You will need 7 Zip to extract it. ( Available here: Download ) Extract it into the same directory as the TwoToneDetect56.exe file is located.

This will greatly reduce the size of the audio files.

pddispatcher

No, I do but I am sending MMS by .mp3 to cell phone - not using the .amr method.

I just checked to see what is being sent on a page that just occured and it said the file was 73kb.

ofdricky

Feed Provider
Audio Files

I'm sure there is an easy answer, but does anyone know were the audio files are saved? I just changed from 54 to 56 and can't find the files. 54 had the files in the audio folder, but since I changed to 56 the folder is empty.

Thanks

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I'm sure there is an easy answer, but does anyone know were the audio files are saved? I just changed from 54 to 56 and can't find the files. 54 had the files in the audio folder, but since I changed to 56 the folder is empty.

Thanks

Should be in the same place. Do you have ffmpeg.exe in the program directory?

Andy

dlnorth

Google Groups

I'm using Google Groups to manage my subscriber list. Everyone gets the pages except Verizon customers. I have tried sending them using vtext.com and vzwpix.com, and neither work. Every other provider that I have sent pages to gets them most of the time, but the Verizon people haven't received any that have been sent from Google Groups.

I have pulled up some of the archived pages and sent them directly from my Gmail account to the Verizon phones, using the vzwpix.com gateway, and those were received fine. It appears as though this is an issue with Verizon blocking Google Groups emails.

Just wondering if other people have run into similar problems and what you did, if anything, to get it corrected.

pddispatcher

Can you help me with the Google Group Email?

My verizon and bluegrass cellular subscribers are not having any problem getting them but AT&T is being a pain and would like to fix that issue.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
Is anyone having timing problems when using the BCC option? I used it so I don't have 5 group messages for 11 departments, but now it seems like it takes up to 10 minutes for the recording to show up...it might be the email server, as I switched it from Gmail to an email account on the EM server...

baybum

TwoTone and Windows CE

Will Two-Tone run on this Netbook?

Features:

7" High Resolution display (800 x 480 pixels)
2 GB Internal Flash Storage Memory
128MB RAM Internal Memory
WiFi - version 802.11 b/g
3-USB Ports (1-USB type 2.0 supports external memory, 2-USB type 1.1 supports keyboard & mouse only)
SD digital card slot (accomodates up to 8GB)
Microphone jack
Earphone jack - stereo
80 key "qwerty" keyboard
Mouse pad - 2.2 inch
Built in Lithium battery - 8.4 V 1800mAh
DC jack
Built stereo speakers
Windows CE 6.0 professional plus version
Portable ultra lightweight - less than 2 lbs
Requires that you have a wired or wireless highspeed internet connection serive in order to access the Internet.

putterizer

Is anyone having timing problems when using the BCC option? I used it so I don't have 5 group messages for 11 departments, but now it seems like it takes up to 10 minutes for the recording to show up...it might be the email server, as I switched it from Gmail to an email account on the EM server...

I am using the BCC feature and not having any issues with delays. I have a few groups setup with 22-25 users on it and it sends out immediately. I am using Gmail for the outgoing messages out of TTD.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
I am using the BCC feature and not having any issues with delays. I have a few groups setup with 22-25 users on it and it sends out immediately. I am using Gmail for the outgoing messages out of TTD.

I'm having all sorts of problems with BCC. I have around 20 people on our FD alone with the pages, and a few other people from other FD's using it, but it seems to be taking up to 15 minutes to send all the pages to me... I don't know what would be causing it...it only started doing this when I started BCC'ing. I might try stripping everything down and trying again, it could just be my phone...which doesn't surprise me, AT&T is horrible.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
Will Two-Tone run on this Netbook?

Features:

7" High Resolution display (800 x 480 pixels)
2 GB Internal Flash Storage Memory
128MB RAM Internal Memory
WiFi - version 802.11 b/g
3-USB Ports (1-USB type 2.0 supports external memory, 2-USB type 1.1 supports keyboard & mouse only)
SD digital card slot (accomodates up to 8GB)
Microphone jack
Earphone jack - stereo
80 key "qwerty" keyboard
Mouse pad - 2.2 inch
Built in Lithium battery - 8.4 V 1800mAh
DC jack
Built stereo speakers
Windows CE 6.0 professional plus version
Portable ultra lightweight - less than 2 lbs
Requires that you have a wired or wireless highspeed internet connection serive in order to access the Internet.

Do you have a model number? It will run, but it will be very slow. If you can upgrade the memory that will help a lot. This is also if it is an x86 platform.

putterizer

I'm having all sorts of problems with BCC. I have around 20 people on our FD alone with the pages, and a few other people from other FD's using it, but it seems to be taking up to 15 minutes to send all the pages to me... I don't know what would be causing it...it only started doing this when I started BCC'ing. I might try stripping everything down and trying again, it could just be my phone...which doesn't surprise me, AT&T is horrible.

Are you the only one that uses ATT as a carrier? If anyone else is using ATT, are they experiencing the delay? Are people on other cell carriers experiencing the delays or not?

Have you narrowed down the delay? Is the delay in the sending of the TTD message, or is the delay on the receiving end of the phone? Check the sent box of your email and see what time the outgoing mail went out, and then compare it to the time it was delivered on your phone. There can be delays with cell networks and the delivery of the email/text message based on network traffic and load.

I have my dept setup with 22 guys, and the neighboring dept with 24. I have heard some feedback with one of the cell carriers being a little delayed in the delivery of the text message. With Sprint, i have never seen more than a 1 minute delay in the delivery of the text message to my phone from the time the tones drop. With Verizon, i have had people report that there has been up to a 10-15 minute delay at times. It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally it takes longer.

Those are just some thoughts and some questions that may help you narrow down the problem.

Last edited:

iceman977th

Feed Provider
I checked with most everyone, and they havent noticed anything out of the ordinary. Only other problem I'm having is my friend, who has 3 departments sent to him, only gets 8 second recordings, not the full 90 seconds...