• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX CPS 128 Control Channels THATS IT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottp1111

Hello all,

I am programming a statewide system right now with more than 128 control channels for a client. APX will only allow 128 channels per trunking system that has been created. Can someone advise why this is or how to counteract this. Im at a loss on things here. I have programmed many systems and have been doing this for a long time and have not ran into this problem. In my programming up to this point I have put all controll channels as well as their alternate CC 's . Should I have only put the primary control channel for every site and moved on? I dont think that would have been the proper way. Im really confused. APX7000 running APX CPS 9.

wyomingmedic

We have that problem here.

Easy fix,

Full spectrum control channel scan
Adjacent site search

With those, the radio will find a site even if it is not programmed into the unit.

WM

scottp1111

Ok I just enabled "NoN - adjacent site search under the general tab for my trunking system. Full spectrum control channel scan is now enabled. So you are saying that I do not have to input the sites that are left off. It was quite a few tower sites and channels that wouldnt fit into the radio.

wyomingmedic

Sorry, NON adjacent site search is what I meant.

Essentially, your radio will now look for other control channel with the same system ID as yours.

For example, here in Wyoming we have dozens and dozens of sites all over the state. We can't get all of the control channels in.

With those options checked, your radio will now look around. I always put in an RSSI button on the side of the radio so users can search for sites and see the signal strength of any site they are on.

The only issue is that you will not have site alias options if it is on a site it finds (not programmed in). It will say "site 33" or whatever number it finds.

WM

scottp1111

Great. I sure do appreciate your knowledge in this matter. Im now programming the thousands of zones and talk groups needed in this radio. I do appreciate you telling me about that.

Thank You!

wyomingmedic

Just keep adding personalities.

Ive got some customers who have almost 90 zones. For the sake of keeping it all straight (dual band covering 3 states), I make 1 personality per zone (trunking at least, not conventional).

WM

RodStrong

There are several ways the radios find sites. The cc list is just one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.