Stereo Feed Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioFD

Feed Provider
I am attempting to run a stereo feed using RR ScannerCast on Windows 7. I have set up my broadcast station exactly as shown on the schematic at:

Setting up your Broadcasting Station - The RadioReference Wiki

When listening to the audio on the speakers of the broadcast computer, everything appears as desired: "Scanner #1" audio is only heard from the left speaker, and "Scanner #2" audio is only heard from the right speaker. The Peak Level Meter also confirms that the left and right channels are operating independently. However, when I listen to the feed on Broadcastify, the left speaker has audio from both "Scanner #1" and "Scanner #2". The right speaker is the same (audio is heard from both scanners).

I have selected "Stereo" under the Advanced Tab on ScannerCast. I am assuming that there must be another setting on the computer that needs to be adjusted.

Is anyone successfully running a stereo feed with RR ScannerCast on Windows 7? And if so, can you please let me know what corrections I need to make. Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

04Z1V6

I run a stereo feed. What player are you listening to the feed with not all players have a right and left channel. If I were you I wood use Proscan's "Radio Feed". I will listen in and see if it is broadcasting both right and left. here is the link. ProScan

04Z1V6

Ok, it is running in stereo on both feeds what kind of cable are you using? I had a problem with using the correct cable.

OntarioFD

Feed Provider
Thank you for responding. However, I know that the cables and connections are correct because the speakers on the broadcast computer are playing the audio correctly ("Scanner #1" on the left speaker, and "Scanner #2" on the right speaker). The Peak Level Meter also shows this. The problem occurs after this point.

04Z1V6

Try this, go in to the speaker and headphone settings. Click on your speaker Icon on the tool bar on the bottom when that pops up then click on the speaker above the volume slider that should open a window that has controls go to enhancements and make sure you disable them then go to levels and make sure mono mix has a red circle with a line through it, if it does not click on it to disable mono mix. Shut down and restart. I hope this will work.

richtidd

Database Admin
I am attempting to run a stereo feed using RR ScannerCast on Windows 7. I have set up my broadcast station exactly as shown on the schematic at:

Setting up your Broadcasting Station - The RadioReference Wiki

When listening to the audio on the speakers of the broadcast computer, everything appears as desired: "Scanner #1" audio is only heard from the left speaker, and "Scanner #2" audio is only heard from the right speaker. The Peak Level Meter also confirms that the left and right channels are operating independently. However, when I listen to the feed on Broadcastify, the left speaker has audio from both "Scanner #1" and "Scanner #2". The right speaker is the same (audio is heard from both scanners).

I have selected "Stereo" under the Advanced Tab on ScannerCast. I am assuming that there must be another setting on the computer that needs to be adjusted.

Is anyone successfully running a stereo feed with RR ScannerCast on Windows 7? And if so, can you please let me know what corrections I need to make. Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Helping via email.

OntarioFD

Feed Provider
Thank you 04Z1V6 and Rich Tidd. Your assitance is greatly appreciated! Rich stated that the RR version of ScannerCast currently has a glitch that prevents stereo feeds from performing properly. He too suggested that I consider running RadioFeed. I plan to make the switch tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.