ARC780

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA1PL

Feed Provider
Does anybody know how to run the ARC780 on a Windows 7 computer? I've tried compatibility mode but it doesnt seem to work.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...and go get ProScan - the author of which is a RR member.

With apologies to Dante's Inferno...Mike

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know how to run the ARC780 on a Windows 7 computer? I've tried compatibility mode but it doesnt seem to work.

It does work but can be a pain to get setup. Mostly in the configuration of the serial ports.

As ka3jjz mentioned, grab ProScan and you will be much happier!
It runs under a 64 bit OS plus it will download directly to the 780 from the database here unlike ARC780 which has never done that and no plans from Butel to ever add that feature. As many that have ythe 780XLT, you would think Butel would build an update that supports 64 bit OS and RR downloads but I guess Gommert is done with that program.

Edit, I forgot to say that ARC780 must be run in a XP Virtual Machine or also known as XP Mode when trying to run it under Win 7 64 bit. I've never tried it under the 32 bit version of Win 7. Simple compatibility mode does not work.

Last edited:

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,

Since we are on the subject; I just downloaded ARC780 for run on Vista, which is the only PC I have. I noticed that here on RR, it says that the downloading feature from the site DOES work for ARC780, but I can't find anything in the software that says that it can.

Meanwhile, I folowed the instructions for the "Webcatcher" feature, figuring it would be easier that typing all of the databases in that I want, but it the software just hangs with the "sand timer" spinning on the screen.

What's going on, or have I misunderstood?

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.