HP-1 bug?: Can't receive TxWARN P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
I'm not explaining the Analyze thing very well. It's not "receiving in Analyze mode", so the fact that Analyze works differently wouldn't matter. It's receiving in plain, ole' Listen mode just fine. But it only does so after I go to Analyze, and then leave Analyze and go back to Listen. So it's working fine in regular Listen mode but only temporarily, after I do an Analyze. If I leave the system, and the go back to it in Listen mode, it's back to broke again. Until I go to Analyze, and then leave Analyze, and go back to Listen, when it works fine.

I already tried deleting all of the frequencies from the site except the control channel; that didn't help.

Again, thanks.

...R

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I'm not explaining the Analyze thing very well. It's not "receiving in Analyze mode", so the fact that Analyze works differently wouldn't matter. It's receiving in plain, ole' Listen mode just fine. But it only does so after I go to Analyze, and then leave Analyze and go back to Listen. So it's working fine in regular Listen mode but only temporarily, after I do an Analyze.

I understood that, and again, both you and I have discovered that the radio seems to behave differently after it's been in Analyze mode, is back in normal mode, and before it is allowed to change to a different system. What I'm saying is that the behavior you are finding (re Analyze mode) is not uncommon, and the act of putting it in Analyze mode may be doing something to the receiver that causes it to search for a control channel differently when you go back out of Analyze mode back into the system hold state - and moving on to another system shuts off that different logic. Someone with much greater technical knowledge of the radio's firmware (UPMan or perhaps a beta tester) would have to get involved to confirm or deny my suspicions and your observations.

scosgt

I actually do understand what you are saying. Am I correct that ALL the P25 TGs are being received by the 996T?
If so, the HP-1 should certainly be able to receive those frequencies.
In analyze, you are seeing all the channels/activity that the CC is putting out.
What you are saying, is that after analyze it works, if you leave that system and come back it goes deaf.
That is strange.
Now I will tell you this:
When I first got my HP1 a few weeks ago, it kept erasing the SD card. I would change favorites, and the one I selected would suddenly be devoid of any channels at all! I tried a new SD card, no joy.
I updated the firmware, and the problem went away. So something in my firmware was "broken".

Assuming you have the latest firmware, you can back it down one version, then update it again. That may cure your problem.
The older firmware was posted here, all you do is copy it to your SD card and turn the scanner off and on. It "downdates" automatically.
Then you can hook up to Sentinel and update again.
If you can not find the post with the firmware I can send it to you, but I think it is in the firmware thread.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
It appears that LouMaag has figured the problem out over on the Yahoo! Houston forum. Apparently, the receiver doesn't like some sites, most likely some of the Phase-2 sites. As I noted earlier, my first suspicion was that the scanner was getting hung up on some bad frequencies. So I had manually Avoided all sites except Pearland from the scanner's front panel. Alas, that didn't work. I Avoided them from Sentinel, and that seems to work.

Thanks for all of your help!!

...R

kb8rvp

You first thing he said when posting this thread was that "he did all the updates". Under advanced check to see what firmware you are using. If you updated to 2.04.01 you may want to go back to 2.03.01 to see if that could be causing the reception issues. Also may want to try a different antenna but first check the firmware. You can read more about the firmware issues at the following link and on the last page one person posted a link to download the older firmware version. The sticky is located at: http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/257099-homepatrol-1-v2-04-01-released.html

Mike

Traj

Fix me up.

If none of this helps, I'd suggest doing a full reset of the SD card with HomePatrol>Clear User Data, then see how it behaves "out of the box".

I've been suffering with the inability to receive P25 in my area. I just did the full reset and it solved my problem. I'm glad I saw your suggestion. Thanks!

Traj

Status
Not open for further replies.