TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

dustanh

After surfing this forum, I got my department up and running. But, I cannot for the life of me get T-Mobile carriers to receive the alerts via Text. Their emails go thru fine. I have them set as xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net.

Anyone else have an issue with T-Mobile or can offer help?

Thanks!

emt036

Feed Provider
I have been sending text messages to phones via my domain rcfirewire.com. All of a sudden, Sprint and Verizon MMS servers have been blocking the texts due to the "sending MTA's poor reputation," i.e. they think it is spam. Anyone else run into this, and how did you get it unblocked?
Thanks.

KLH

Feed Provider
I have been sending text messages to phones via my domain rcfirewire.com. All of a sudden, Sprint and Verizon MMS servers have been blocking the texts due to the "sending MTA's poor reputation," i.e. they think it is spam. Anyone else run into this, and how did you get it unblocked?
Thanks.

Do you know what spam service they are using? (spamhaus.org or something)

Sometimes you can go to their website and enter your IP/Domain to get unblocked or reviewed.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Thanks.

You don't have an SPF or DKIM record. Create one.

SPFs are easy to create
Sender ID Framework SPF Record Wizard

DKIM... not so easy.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Andy,
Small, ok maybe Large, feature request: stop recording after x seconds of silence.

Backstory: My department is the lucky one that sits at the front of a long line of stacked pages. Any 'all county page' we get to hear about 5 other department tones (mostly longtones and some AB tones) before any announcement. The trouble is that I need to set my record length to 60 seconds to get the announcements after about 40 seconds of tones. However when they page just us it still records 60 seconds, 15 seconds for the page info then 45 seconds of dead air. My pager doesn't work in my office so I rely on TTD (even though I shouldn't) to let me know what is going on. Is there any way that you could create a new tone parameter for stop on silence? Here is what I am thinking:

In the tones.cfg...
Code:
silence_stop_length = 4 ; Number of seconds of "No Audio" before stopping record in progress.
This would let us still get the all county pages (just ends up getting all 60 seconds) or it will stop after seeing a length of dead air. This will let me get the text message faster. Just a though. If you would like some help I do some software fiddling in my spare time and could take a crack at it if you want. Thanks.

There is a high priced commercially available solution that only starts recording after the last page is detected so you don't have to listen to all the tones if you're first up. Do you thik this type of situation could be easily done, Andy? THX

aaknitt

Feed Provider
There is a high priced commercially available solution that only starts recording after the last page is detected so you don't have to listen to all the tones if you're first up. Do you thik this type of situation could be easily done, Andy? THX

I'm sure it could be done, not sure how easily, I'll have to think on that. It'll be lower on the priority list though.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Thanks - does this mean that there is no longer a Python version apart from the Raspberry Pi one?

The program is still written in Python, the source just isn't openly available. If you want to run under Linux, the Pi version should work, albeit without the GUI. If you want the GUI under Linux, I may be able to provide a build for that, but it will take some additional modifications from the standard Windows version.

Andy

jhsands

Feed Provider
Done, thanks.

Nope...

Code:
dig @dns.site5.com -4 +nocl +nottlid +nocmd +noidentify +nocomments +noadditional rcfirewire.com in txt
;rcfirewire.com.		IN TXT
rcfirewire.com.		SOA	dns.site5.com. hostmaster.site5.com. 2013040503 3600 3600 604800 3600
;; Query time: 40 msec
;; SERVER: 74.53.4.134#53(74.53.4.134)
;; WHEN: Fri Apr  5 00:20:21 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 89

Code:
dig @8.8.4.4 -4 +nocl +nottlid +nocmd +noidentify +nocomments +noadditional rcfirewire.com in txt
;rcfirewire.com.		IN TXT
rcfirewire.com.		SOA	dns.site5.com. hostmaster.site5.com. 2013040503 3600 3600 604800 3600
;; Query time: 66 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.4.4#53(8.8.4.4)
;; WHEN: Fri Apr  5 00:20:55 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 89

jhsands

Feed Provider
The program is still written in Python, the source just isn't openly available. If you want to run under Linux, the Pi version should work, albeit without the GUI. If you want the GUI under Linux, I may be able to provide a build for that, but it will take some additional modifications from the standard Windows version.

Andy

If they need a Linux GUI for 2TD, they probably shouldn't be running Linux. Just saying...

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've got an issue here that I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me with. I'm using TTD (was using v52, but just upgraded to 59a) to monitor about 25 tones, dispatched by 2 different agencies. The department I'm with recently starting sending it's tones twice, back to back. That itself isn't an issue but the problem is that when one of our stations gets paged out (A-B..maybe 2 second delay A-B) the transition from the first B to the second A tone matches another departments tone set... so they get a false page every time. So, I figured easiest route to take was to split the systems up. So I brought in a 2nd radio, grabbed a USB sound dongle and fired up 2 instances of TTD. Seemed to work just great... but after an hour or so both programs seem to go deaf. All of a sudden they both just totally ignore any tones that come in. So I've gone back to just one instance running but I'll still have the issue of the false pages. Any suggestions to help with that?

Last edited:

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I've got an issue here that I'm wondering if someone might be able to help me with. I'm using TTD (was using v52, but just upgraded to 59a) to monitor about 25 tones, dispatched by 2 different agencies. The department I'm with recently starting sending it's tones twice, back to back. That itself isn't an issue but the problem is that when one of our stations gets paged out (A-B..maybe 2 second delay A-B) the transition from the first B to the second A tone matches another departments tone set... so they get a false page every time. So, I figured easiest route to take was to split the systems up. So I brought in a 2nd radio, grabbed a USB sound dongle and fired up 2 instances of TTD. Seemed to work just great... but after an hour or so both programs seem to go deaf. All of a sudden they both just totally ignore any tones that come in. So I've gone back to just one instance running but I'll still have the issue of the false pages. Any suggestions to help with that?

I'm surprised that you're having the A-B A-B issue with v59. It should handle that case without any issue, as the two second gap should keep them separate. What are your Atonelength and Btonelength parameters set to?

I'm still trying to work out some bugs with v59 related to delayed recording, but that shouldn't be related to the A-B A-B scenario. In the mean time, v58 should also handle that scenario if you set the Btonelength up correctly. Any chance you could send me a recording and a copy of your tones.cfg?

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Any luck with T-Mobile? See my original post #1482.

Feeding my Crackberry addiction with Tapatalk

If you send it an AMR attachment via regular email (instead of through TTD) does it go through? You could try sending as MP3 instead of AMR and see if that makes a difference.

Andy

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Actually since going to 59a I haven't had that sequence of tones go off yet... I just assumed I would still have the problem. Maybe not then! I guess I should have known better than to assume that.... Oh, and my BTone length is currently .6. I'll let things run and see what happens... and if I do have an issue I will get you a recording. Thanks for the help!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I'm surprised that you're having the A-B A-B issue with v59. It should handle that case without any issue, as the two second gap should keep them separate. What are your Atonelength and Btonelength parameters set to?

I'm still trying to work out some bugs with v59 related to delayed recording, but that shouldn't be related to the A-B A-B scenario. In the mean time, v58 should also handle that scenario if you set the Btonelength up correctly. Any chance you could send me a recording and a copy of your tones.cfg?

Andy

I take that back. I rechecked the code and that is a bug...the silence isn't being detected. I'll have to work on that. In the mean time, I'd suggest using a single instance of v58, I think it should do what you want.

Andy

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
58? Ok, great.... I'll give that a spin.

Oh.. and just to confirm... for the departments that do send the tones twice, I would set BTone Debounce = 2?

Last edited:

aaknitt

Feed Provider
58? Ok, great.... I'll give that a spin.

With v58, set your Btonelength to 3 seconds (assuming a standard 1/3 timing), and Btonedebounce to 2 as a starting point. That should work with a single instance.

Btonedebounce is related to Btone detection, not sending the page twice. To ignore the second page, set the ignore_after parameter to something like 60 seconds. That way once it detects a page, it will ignore that tone set for 60 seconds, eliminating the second text/email.

When I get v59 working 100% you may want to change those parameters slightly, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Andy