Fort Bend County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooter65

Feed Provider
I am an newbie to this site and trunking radio. I have a Home Patrol scanner and wish to listen to Fort Bend County SO, City of Sugar Land PD+FD. The unit gets some FBC area channels, how do I get FBCSO, SLPD/FD, Mo City, Richmand, Rosenberg. Are there files I can install to get these. Thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The information that you need is contained in the HP-1 along with a lot more and that may be the problem. I would suggest that you look into how to make up a Favorites List using the Sentinel software that comes with the scanner. You need to have that installed in any case to keep the HP-1 database updated.

Depending on where you are located (well, where the radio is) you may be monitoring a site that is not carrying the talk groups that you are trying to monitor. If you don't understand that or if the term "affiliation" is foreign to you, please read the Trunking Basics article in the RR Wiki.

Currently the Fort Bend county public safety agencies are still using the TxWARN Motorola system. So when considering what to load in a favorites list, you should consider those sites, perhaps avoiding those that might be close enough to being locked on by the scanner but not carrying Ft Bend traffic. In that regard, if you would provide a location we could advise what site(s) you should consider that would be carrying the traffic you want to hear. I realize there are always privacy concerns, so we don't want your address, but if you would provide the closest major intersection, that would be good enough. :)

Gsweatt

Trunk I use

andrewwolf,

I am out in the Pecan Grove area and use the Richmond Trunk site for my system. Works really well and you can look up the Freq, here on the site under the TxWARN site.

That is Site 010(a)

Also, if you are a member here, you can use the BuTel ARC Patrol to interface directly with the Home Patrol and load RR channels and favorites right in. Very nifty.

Have fun listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.