Stafford Township P.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highpockets

Watched a news item on news12.com (NJ News) last evening about this.

The aftermath of Sandy caused a lot of damage on Long Beach island. Out of the X amount homes damaged only a few have been reoccupied. There are still many vacant damaged homes. Thieves posed as contractors are entering or sneaking in to the vacant houses and are stealing the cooper plumbing. Hundred of thousands of dollars of cooper plumbing have been reported stolen. This may be the prime reason or excuse for encryption. These thieves may have been monitoring police activity.

You would think LBI would encrypt, if that's the case, why Stafford. I still say it's the salesman pushing it, and the politicians taking the hook and running with it. I wonder if they ever check with the radio techs.

SCPD

QRT
The NAC to 406.0500 is 223 not that it matters since it's encrypted, it's wrong in the database.

Corrected in DB,
Since it has been indicated they are encrypting all Police communications. The analog mode on PD frequencies has TEMP been marked depreciated. Those who can monitor and are close enough, please let DB admin know via a submission if analog is still being used or not on their PD UHF frequencies especially the one TAC frequency. Also please check the other UHF frequencies especially DPW which has both P25 and analog.

Thank you very much.

Ken

ReddHead

You would think LBI would encrypt, if that's the case, why Stafford. I still say it's the salesman pushing it, and the politicians taking the hook and running with it. I wonder if they ever check with the radio techs.

There's a neighborhood built mostly on lagoons called Beach Haven West that got flooded pretty bad. I want to say there's around 4500 homes there. Lots of empty houses, easy to get in and out of undetected by water

wizardem

Stafford Pd Has gone Dig.

Stafford Pd. has got Digital and Encripted , but I have been hearing them on the anolog side from time to time . As far as the DPW they have gone completly encripted Digi.

SCPD

QRT
DPW Encrypted Conformation

Stafford Pd. has got Digital and Encripted , but I have been hearing them on the anolog side from time to time . As far as the DPW they have gone completly encripted Digi.

OK need to confirm if Stafford DPW is indeed P25 Encrypted so it could be changed in the DB:confused:. Please advise and please submit info to RR.

Thanks All

Ken

SCPD

QRT
Stafford DPW Encrypted - Last Call

OK need to confirm if Stafford DPW is indeed P25 Encrypted so it could be changed in the DB:confused:. Please advise and please submit info to RR.

Thanks All

Ken

Last call on this, nor am I trying to "pull teeth", I am just too far north to monitor myself. Simply asking is Stafford DPW now using full time encrypted? Thanks again.

ReddHead

I removed them from my scanner feed because they were always encrypted. No idea whether they will revert back at any point in the future.

Liverpoolluey

I'm afraid you are out of luck receiving Stafford Township NJ police, they have gone digital encripted on the original channel 1 (460.275) but they use 460.05 ( very rarely) analog for channel 2. Bob

REMU211

STPD runs DES-OFB on all police channels( ALPHA, BRAVO,CHARLIE). There is no intention on changing. The DPW bought a MOTOTRBO system.

Status
Not open for further replies.