Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMango

New NYPD Feed, and Web Server Test

Hi All,

Just finished tweaking a new antenna and feed computer setup.

Due to numerous requests, I've put up a new feed:
NYPD Manhattan - 17th, Midtown North and South Pcts

So please, have a listen and leave feedback! Link to listener survey is on the feed notes page.

Also, I've been playing with RadioFeed's web server feature. In the event Broadcastify's servers go offline, you could (theoretically) connect directly to my feed computer and stream from there. Here are the server details (subject to change):

Name: BadMango's Test Server
Link: http://radiocheck.co.nr
Password: newyork
Max Connections: 50

You will need a player that supports .m3u files, like WinAmp or VLC.

If you have a few minutes, log on and click on Listen Live (password is newyork). Let me know if you can connect (feedback link on server page). And if you can stay connected for a while, it would allow me to stress-test the setup and see how many simultaneous connections the server can support.

I'll start migrating my other feeds to this new setup over the next few weeks. Hopefully the result will be improved audio quality and less feed downtime.

Thanks in advance for your time!

SCPD

QRT
NYPD FEED

hello there first i have to say love the new feed excellent quality question are you goona put up more nypd feeds if u are can you put up the 69-63 pcts would love to hear that feed once again love the new feed

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I signed in and it opens VLC but doesn't play, I keep clicking "play" but it stops, heard nothing. I'm in Staten Island.

Weakshan

great feed

nice feed to listen to very busy in time square since the feed been on they have been a couple of robbries in the city i like it action all day it is 2:00am in the morning and they are still busy with calls true what they say the city that never sleeps.

thanks for the wonderful feed

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
BadMango, I've merged your new thread with this existing one. Lets try and keep it in one thread please. Thanks.

BadMango

BadMango, I've merged your new thread with this existing one. Lets try and keep it in one thread please. Thanks.

Will do, apologies!

Hi, I signed in and it opens VLC but doesn't play, I keep clicking "play" but it stops, heard nothing. I'm in Staten Island.

Sometimes the VLC web player acts up, particularly with streams.

Does VLC open in your web browser? When you click on the stream link, do you see a page with a play button in the lower left and the orange VLC traffic cone in the center? If so, you can save the stream file on your desktop. Open the stream page in your browser, then select File --> Save As. Try opening the file you just saved from your desktop (use right-click --> Open With... --> VLC if it won't open on its own).

If that doesn't work, try another player like WinAmp or iTunes. Let me know if any of these suggestions work.

k2hz

Database Admin

I have had problems with VLC not "playing nice" with audio feeds from various sites.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and Chrome on one of my PCs and I recently replaced VLC with Gnome MPlayer and have not had any of the issues I had with VLC.

The only issue with this particular stream from the test server is MPlayer takes a while to get the buffer up to 20% when you first connect before it starts to play. You can edit this in in the MPlayer config file but that can cause some issues with higher bit-rate streams so I left it at 20%.

From my experience both VLC and MPlayer have their good and bad points but I am happier with MPlayer overall.

I tried VLC on my Android 4.0 tablet and I could not get it work right so I removed it.

The test server feed works perfectly on both Win7 and XP with Winamp.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
hello there i been asking for a request for the longest im only 18 soo i dont have money to get a scanner but i wanted to ask if you can add nypd Zone 18 63-69pcts
Frequency 476.9375 i would greatly love it and like the two brooklyn feeds it about time we got some brooklyn feeds thanks a lot

hello there i just wanted to know if there's any update on the request of Zone 18 nypd 63-69 pct i miss hearing that feed since it is in my neighborhood i also wanted to know what happen to these feeds

please reply back im very young if i had money i would help with donations

hello there i have a question since a lot of people not listening to NYPD Brooklyn - 72nd, 76th, and 78th Pcts
is there any chance u can switch it to the 63rd-69th i been trying to hear this Frequency for the longest because i live in the area this other radio reference tried it but he doesn't can pick up any Brooklyn Frequencies so i was just asking plz :-{ greatly appreciated

@blantonl hello there any update as to when the NYPD ZONE 18 COVERING THE 63 AND THE 69 PCT COMING ON AIR

hello there first i have to say love the new feed excellent quality question are you goona put up more nypd feeds if u are can you put up the 69-63 pcts would love to hear that feed once again love the new feed

if anyone have an extra scanner can they please put up 63-69pct 476.9375

Enough already with these same persistent requests. You are being incredibly obnoxious and irritating. No one has put up a feed for that precinct yet, so take the hint and quit begging in every post you make.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
In order to stop the thread hijacking, I decided to close the thread. Thank you to the OP for hosting the feed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.