ScannerLive For Windows PCs Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Same here, I do have a question though, how much work would it be to have a separate volume slide for left and right speakers built into the app for stereo feeds?

Let me make sure all the distribution bugs are clear and I'll take a look at that. My early guess would be not too hard.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I'm not getting that error and hear everything on OSP... Is that all the error message says? When does it pop up?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I can't begin to think what would cause that... That's a Facebook error, and my app has nothing to do with FB. Earlier you said you got it installed, now you're saying it errored on you?

If it is installed, go to System Setup, Sound Card Setup, select Default and then save. Restart SL. You should be hearing things. If you select System Setup, Show Feed Stats you should see numbers moving under the feeds. That would indicate the software is working.

RonnieUSA

I can't begin to think what would cause that... That's a Facebook error, and my app has nothing to do with FB. Earlier you said you got it installed, now you're saying it errored on you?

If it is installed, go to System Setup, Sound Card Setup, select Default and then save. Restart SL. You should be hearing things. If you select System Setup, Show Feed Stats you should see numbers moving under the feeds. That would indicate the software is working.

Right, that is what happened when I used the link You provided.
Then this was posted>> http://forums.radioreference.com/st...-windows-pcs-now-available-5.html#post1868650
And it installed, but I didn't hear anything.
My sound is threw my HD TV with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 video/sound card.
I don't have any problems listening to any feed on here.

Any thoughts?

spectr17

Installed ScannerLive. Works great on Win 7 laptop. Thank you for this app.

One question on the registration, it says to register to get full op. I tried my RR password and log in name but it's not like that? How do we register or pay for this software?

Thanks.

Sprite9890

Feed Provider
I am getting an error when trying to add radioreference feeds to a bank

"An Unhandled Exception Has Occurred"

Anyone get this error and have a solution?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
It's not the "unhandled exception" that's the problem ;)

He is getting a "(503) Server Unavailable" error when trying to access the RR feedlist. I can't figure out what would be blocking him.

rcool101

Feed Provider
SCANNERLIVE

Been an owner of this fine program for a while now. Would like to see more interest in it. Not from RDALE but from listeners. I have a feed I provide. I like to monitor it along with my neighboring counties. I listen to 4 feeds at once all the time with the option of listening to 10. :D

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Been an owner of this fine program for a while now. Would like to see more interest in it. Not from RDALE but from listeners. I have a feed I provide. I like to monitor it along with my neighboring counties. I listen to 4 feeds at once all the time with the option of listening to 10. :D
I've been using ScannerLive for about a year and a half, and for my interests it's invaluable. Best $20 I've spent in the 47+ years I've been monitoring/scanning. Being in a rural and mountainous coastal area, it's virtually impossible for me to pick up even the southern half of my own county, much less anything from adjacent counties. I have it running just about all the time I'm around... both for my part of California, plus for my "alma mater," LAPD (and LAFD, too). :)

One problem I'm facing is that my installation program appears to be corrupt, and I've been unable to install it on my back-up laptop. Any idea where I can find the installation file? I have my log-in and key code info, but it's the app installer itself that seems to be gone. I believe I lost it in a HDD crash, and the back-up copy I had isn't working :(

Last edited:

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. It was hiding from me in plain sight. I must be dumb today.

One "feature" I use only once in a great while is to open two instances simultaneously for low-activity (e.g. rural) feeds, and I can scan up to 20 feeds. Very seldom is it necessary, but it can be done... just open the program twice!

Status
Not open for further replies.