scanning houston TXwarn system

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryotek

Feed Provider
I am trying to get a handle on the TXwarn system. I live in the Katy area and have the Clodine tower programmed in my 346xt. I can hear everything(SO, Fire, EMS) without any issues. I thought that if you program in the other towers frequncies in to a separate "site" i could follow the katy area traffic using the Medical center tower and my Katy area Group ID(or ID search). I've prgrammed in the frequncies for the medical center but dont get any radio traffic ever. Any ideas what i am doing wrong or does the TX warn system not work that way? Thanks for the help in advance.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
You have to understand how trunking works. A Katy talk group would not appear on the Medical Center site, unless someone using the TG went down and affiliated with the Med Center site. TGs only appear on the sites that have an active radio affiliated with the site. Take a look at the Trunking Basics article in the Wiki.

cryotek

Feed Provider
thanks for the info. Im learning more now. So my Katy TG would appear on the Medical center site when a Fort Bend EMS ambulance got within range of the medical center tower. and the TG would be active until the ambulance left the range of the medical center tower.

on a side note I must have programmed the Medical Center tower wrong as i can't hear anything on TG search(open trunking scanning).

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
thanks for the info. Im learning more now. So my Katy TG would appear on the Medical center site when a Fort Bend EMS ambulance got within range of the medical center tower. and the TG would be active until the ambulance left the range of the medical center tower.

on a side note I must have programmed the Medical Center tower wrong as i can't hear anything on TG search(open trunking scanning).

If you are in the Katy area you are too far away from the Med Center site to hear it.

If it covered Katy their would be no need for the Clodine site. :D

cryotek

Feed Provider
my issue is that i cant hear anything on the med center tower when i'm in my office(I-610 and 59) during the day. I've tried ID scan but not getting the any signal strength to show on the scanner. I must have my programming wrong for that tower.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
my issue is that i cant hear anything on the med center tower when i'm in my office(I-610 and 59) during the day. I've tried ID scan but not getting the any signal strength to show on the scanner. I must have my programming wrong for that tower.

Ok, 59 and 610 "should" hear that site. If you programmed with FreeScan can you post your file so we can take a look at it? Might be something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.