Windows 8 and Twotone detect

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmarfire87

Has anyone had any issues with installing and running Two Tone detect on a windows 8 machine. I can't seem to get it to run. It tries to start up but errors and shuts down the program. Didn't know if there were any particular setting I need to change to allow it to run.

kdfederer

I had the same problem with some Windows 7 computers. They thought it was a problem with the audio card not being properly detected. Run the twotonedetect debug file and post the error log. It will point the proper direction.

belmarfire87

I got it to finally run. I just can't seem to get the static out of the recording. I checked all of the volume to make sure it isn't too loud by it sounds like static when it records the page. Any ideas on that?

kdfederer

Which input are you in? It should not be in a microphone input. A microphone does not have a power source so the computer powers it. If you have it hooked to the radio output to the microphone input, the radio output has a power source so the 2 conflict. There should be another port that is an audio input. It should not give you that power conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.