System Trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainbrainz

Once the fire is out, any chance you'd consider putting up a status page for the streaming platform? Just something simple so we can find out that it's not our individual feeds which are a problem (and then save me 15-20m of trying to figure out why my feed was hung up!).

Agreed .. "Thumbs Up"

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There ought to be a Server Status section at the top of the Broadcastify site showing the Online/Offline status of each audio server in real time.

That would go a long way in preventing the mass panic we see on the forums everytime there's a hiccup with one or more of the servers.

richtidd

Database Admin
My feed went down at 5:02 pm and keep getting audio 3 error. I am running Scannercast V0.14.

My feed is Kent County (Delaware) Fire and EMS

We are having problems with our audio servers.

Hope to have things fixed soon.

Sorry for the trouble.

TJK50010

Feed Provider
There ought to be a Server Status section at the top of the Broadcastify site showing the Online/Offline status of each audio server in real time.

That would go a long way in preventing the mass panic we see on the forums everytime there's a hiccup with one or more of the servers.

YEP! I like this idea

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just a quick update on what happened. Softlayer had a major network outage which knocked our private network offline (the private network is the network that the audio servers use to communicate with one another)

I managed to get everything that requires the private network reconfigured and we were back online after about an hour. It took Softlayer another couple hours to get the routing tables refreshed on the private network side and get back up and running.

All except one of our audio relay servers are completely recovered - but that won't have any impact on audio services.

This is a good idea and we'll have a look at getting something up and running. But, I guarantee you that it won't prevent any mass panic whenever we have an outage. There is nothing we can do about that, that is for sure. Outages happen - and our user base will always panic.

And finally, for good measure, check out this wonderful trouble ticket we received from a feed broadcaster today regarding the outage: :roll:

My feed keeps going on and off and the scanner shows unconnected even though it is. I've broadcasted for radioreferrence for many years and never had any of these problems. You don't even have a dang phone number listed, what is with that? Your web programmers also are about the level any high school student could program. Why don't you hire someone who knows what they are doing?

Anyway, my broadcast is messed up by something on your end since I never changed anything. Please advice and depending on whether I see improvements to the site, I may pull my feed and ask many others to do the same. Also, take a look at the forums here and on radiorefference, you have thousands upon thousands of people complaining about broadcastfly. If your servers are not fixed and the site improved 500%, I guarantee this site will be shut down for lack of use in 6 months. I just really hate how you guys took a good product and turned it into dirt. I'm sad really. What you have done is taken a site like google.com and turned it into something that only works to search for one world and then pulls up the wrong link.

Do you want all your broadcasters to stay and to grow? If so, get your stuff together fast.

DRosado

My feed still will not connect =/

Just a quick update on what happened. Softlayer had a major network outage which knocked our private network offline (the private network is the network that the audio servers use to communicate with one another)

I managed to get everything that requires the private network reconfigured and we were back online after about an hour. It took Softlayer another couple hours to get the routing tables refreshed on the private network side and get back up and running.

All except one of our audio relay servers are completely recovered - but that won't have any impact on audio services.

This is a good idea and we'll have a look at getting something up and running. But, I guarantee you that it won't prevent any mass panic whenever we have an outage. There is nothing we can do about that, that is for sure. Outages happen - and our user base will always panic.

And finally, for good measure, check out this wonderful trouble ticket we received from a feed broadcaster today regarding the outage: :roll:

DRosado

Looks like it is up and running to me??

Yes I see that now as well. In Scanncercast it just doesn't show the connection.

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm a systems administrator I know what you go through to keep this site online.

Thanks again.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Just a little foolish optimism...humor me. :D

(PS - Mantis ticket #0001295)

A whole 10 minutes of downtime a month, if that. "OMG TEH WORLD IS ENDING!!1!!!!"

People need to get a grip. :roll:

KokomoScanner

Premium Subscriber
That's just sad, You are a lot more tolerant than I!!

Quote:
My feed keeps going on and off and the scanner shows unconnected even though it is. I've broadcasted for radioreferrence for many years and never had any of these problems. You don't even have a dang phone number listed, what is with that? Your web programmers also are about the level any high school student could program. Why don't you hire someone who knows what they are doing?

Anyway, my broadcast is messed up by something on your end since I never changed anything. Please advice and depending on whether I see improvements to the site, I may pull my feed and ask many others to do the same. Also, take a look at the forums here and on radiorefference, you have thousands upon thousands of people complaining about broadcastfly. If your servers are not fixed and the site improved 500%, I guarantee this site will be shut down for lack of use in 6 months. I just really hate how you guys took a good product and turned it into dirt. I'm sad really. What you have done is taken a site like google.com and turned it into something that only works to search for one world and then pulls up the wrong link.

Do you want all your broadcasters to stay and to grow? If so, get your stuff together fast. :End Quote

Last edited:

RicCTemple

Feed Provider
I've been getting this error message several times per day and then I lose all of my listeners;

"Feed has disconnected from the server. This could be due to a power outage, network connection problem, or server problem. Click OK to restart the player. If the player fails to connect then the feed might be down for an extended timeframe."

My power and internet are not having any issues, and the ScannerCast program is showing that the feed is still running. This happens several times per day and the rate of occurrence is as little as 10 minutes apart to several hours apart. It happens on both of my feeds, but not at the same time. My feeds are http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/15102/web and http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/15195/web.

Is this error related to the above reported server error or is something else causing this error?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.