Goochland Co. TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

John,
Look at your link. It says conventional. Anyway, if my trip through there last Sunday evening is any indation I was still receiving traffic on their vhf channels. I'll enter the 700 freqs for next time I'm through. Could be simulcasting.

W4UVV

You are correct. The license is for standalone repeater operations not a trs. Maybe the plan is to transition to 700 mhz. from vhf with a dedicated repeater for the Sheriff, Fire, EMS, Schools and Utilities.
I would think if operational now it would have been previously reported.

John

CVASSB

It's 10/12/2013,and Goochland Co. is still on the VHF public service frequencies. There's no traffic on their future 700,and 800 MHz. bands in the county. I drove through it Thursday when I drove to Henrico Co,and back through it when I went home.

vfn137

Premium Subscriber
Goochland is still operating on their VHF wideband system, the proposed 700 system has yet to be procured.

HankFrank

Quick Update

I have the CC's for this system in one of my scan banks I routinely monitor and I head some digital P25 type sound on one of them Saturday evening (2/8/2014) for a short period. Definitely sounded someone brought up a transmitter briefly for whatever reason. When it hear it come up more frequently I'll try to get a decode.

kc4jgc

You shouldn't be able to hear a CC as it's supposed to be 5 conventional frequencies rather than a trunked system. Good to hear someone else has the freqs programmed.

HankFrank

Err, sorry I missed that. Anyway I heard something Sat night, thought it sounded like a CC but it could have just been noise/garbage. I'll keep listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.