BCD536HP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy2712

Feed Provider
I was playing with my new toy last night and I think I broke it already. After getting Sentinel loaded up and trying to figure it out and get the scanner to do what I want (not impressed so far with the HP part, home Arc comes out soon so I can make it do what I want). After I unplugged from the computer and the scanner powered up I got an error that says "City data table read error Please check citytable_v1_00_00.dat in SD card" I tried getting into the SD card and the computer says it can't read it. Am I already going to have to send it down to DFW for a check up? Or can I somehow get the SD card reformatted? Thanks.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That would indicate that the SD card is likely corrupted (this can happen if the power is cut to the scanner during a write). You should be able to reformat the card, then use Sentinel's "Clear User Data" function, which will rewrite all necessary files. Then, Write to Scanner to put your settings/favorites lists back in.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
When you plug the 536 into the PC the logical drive should appear or be available in the My Computer folder. If not you have a connection problem between the PC and the radio.

You can remove the MicroSD card from the radio and use a card reader (or reader with an SD card adapter) you should be able to access it from Sentinel. Use the pulldown menu Scanner, Clear User Date, then update the database, and upload to the radio selecting your favorites and the full database.
then you can place it back in the 536 and it should work fine.

drdiesel1

When you plug the 536 into the PC the logical drive should appear or be available in the My Computer folder. If not you have a connection problem between the PC and the radio.

This is only true if it comes up with a valid file system, otherwise it might only show to the the volume manager waiting to be initialized/formatted/partitioned.

All of which depends on which version of Windblows your running.

Status
Not open for further replies.