WISCOM Thread (all posts regarding WISCOM go here)

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Yep,after I posted I was told WISCOM is available for government and public safety agencies. There are transit and highway depts. on and coming on.

Hey groovy, just curious, but do ya happen to know which ones? N9NRA

cheezhead

Feed Provider
Ill bet everyone that's on the Greenfield analog system will be on the digital wiscom because im sure all the current frequencies will be converted to Wiscom. So if they are on there now they will have no choice but to switch,.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

mkescan

Ill bet everyone that's on the Greenfield analog system will be on the digital wiscom because im sure all the current frequencies will be converted to Wiscom. So if they are on there now they will have no choice but to switch,.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Greenfield Fire & Police are on WISCOM, their DPW has no digital radios right now. Analog will stay up until Public Safety in Milwaukee County & I guess a few Waukesha County depts get digital radios. The system is down to just 3 frequencies now.

box23

Heard testing on DNR's Brule Forestry dispatch, yesterday. State radio IDs, but not coincident with State Techs. Personally heard off of Lampson. I haven't got my monitoring system built out yet, so unsure if it was forced area-wide or not.

I also heard a handful of keyups on BLUE recently. I am unsure if a patch is up between the two, though.

WISCOMM

Heard some WI State Patrol testing today (2/27) in Waukesha.
TG: 124
WSPSE4 Southeast 4

Could they have the Kenwood problems sorted out?

Craig

Last edited:

sfd119

I heard TG 114 off of the Chip Falls tower Wed Afternoon. Statewide WEM has also been chattering the last few days on their TG, 8402 or something.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Heard some WI State Patrol testing today (2/27) in Waukesha.
TG: 124
WSPSE4 Southeast 4

Could they have the Kenwood problems sorted out?

Craig

Not as of yet. There is much more to the Kenwood situation than some WSP growing pains.

SE4 should just be the patch of 154.665, but perhaps that's not operational at the moment and some guys are testing.

sfd119

TG 9411 heard off Lampson yesterday. National Park Service 570 and 572 talking to each other. Referred to the channel as "Dispatch". Also switched over to TG 9413 as "Com" and talked.

SB-Wi

Premium Subscriber
Harrington Beach Tower

The state is expanding coverage in Ozaukee County with a new tower at Harrington Beach State Park. http://wisbuild.wisconsin.gov/Dfd_img/project_attachments/11I2V.docx
It will be west of the maintenance buildings south of Hwy D. Approximately 43.498692, -87.810683

The project constructs a 180-foot communications tower, prefabricated building, emergency generator, and security fencing at Harrington Beach State Park. The DOT will share space on this tower with the DNR and Ozaukee County. The access will allow Ozaukee County to expand radio coverage into fringe areas of the county and Lake Michigan.

Last edited:

trido

Premium Subscriber
WISCOM question, I just sold 2 HP-1 scanner to customers in Kewaunee County they for some reason arent heaing any thing on WISCOM off the kewaunee sites.
I dont see any issues with this Phase I system I had them turn on more service types and update DB.Is anyone using Home Patrol on WISCOM?

thanks
Well disreagrd all hp1 needed firmware update

Last edited:

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
I dont see any issues with this Phase I system I had them turn on more service types and update DB.Is anyone using Home Patrol on WISCOM?
thanks

There are several of us that have been using the HP-1 scanners mobile with great success. I mainly use favorites lists but while traveling across the state I run the radio with the full Database. If they are looking for just Kewaunee County, I would have them hold on the WISCOM system or create a favorites list that just includes the local stuff.

Div106

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like certain WSP Deforest troopers Around the Rock County/Dane County area are using wspsw1 and wspsw4 for main comms today

w9iku

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing WSP on Northeast 4 (154.935 simulcast). I just noticed it yesterday, April 15.

sfd119

55516 sounds like a Highway Department or DPW in Sawyer. Discussed Salting an intersection.

TG 9411 heard off Lampson yesterday. National Park Service 570 and 572 talking to each other. Referred to the channel as "Dispatch". Also switched over to TG 9413 as "Com" and talked.

9411 is "Croix Dispatch" for National Park Service. Sounds like they have a dispatcher somewhere in the state.

box23

55516 sounds like a Highway Department or DPW in Sawyer. Discussed Salting an intersection.

9411 is "Croix Dispatch" for National Park Service. Sounds like they have a dispatcher somewhere in the state.

TG xxx16 I believe are the County Highway departments. On Sawyer's analog Highway channel you can tell the trucks are using digital, but I've never heard them on the system.

16016 is Douglas County Highway. They have not transitioned over yet, but they do have the programming in the radios. Occaisonally a driver will accidently be on the wrong channel selection.

sfd119

TG3221 had traffic off of Lampson today. "JC-6 Travel to Control" "JC-6 Control" answered and they had a conversation as well.

kf9aq

Been hearing TG 8321 today coming thru Madison V.H. site.. Thinking it might be a new TG for DCI.??

Thanks,
Kevin
KF9AQ