Two Tone Detect HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8ZCS

Feed Provider
Got the conversion done ( used cut and copy ), wasnt that bad. Just having a problem with Gmail spam filter. Have a request sent in to them. Loved the old program, worked great for years. Looking forward to using the new program.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
I am having a problem with the new version and I hope someone can help...... I can not get any AMR email sent to anyone with AT&T service. Never had this problem on the past version TTD64. Any help would be great

ve3jqr

I am having some troubles with Ver65 - decoding fine but not sending Emails
I have tried Gmail and Hotmail and no luck....
Will try my IP email address and see if that works....

Anybody else having this problem??

ve3jqr

This is the Error Message I keep getting:

File "<string>", line 492, in mail
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect65c\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 242, in __init__
error: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for Hamilton - Limeridge page received at 05:11:13 on 03/12/14
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 492, in mail

DC31

Feed Provider
check your email credentials and base64 encoded password in your configuration file (config.cfg.) That error message indicates that your email provider is rejecting your login.

dlnorth

I just started getting this error message 4 days ago. I don't recall making any changes. I'm running version 63. It looks like the tones are being detected, but no pages are sent out.

STATION4 Tone Set Found
File "<string>", line 795, in start
error: can't start new thread

Hoseman292

TwoToneDetect V65

Beautiful program fellas. In 1982 Motorola charged $79 a piece for vibrasponders / active filters with most FD alert radios requiring two for Quik Call II or four for Quik Call I @ $316.

RR_THUMBSUP

Now for the troubleshooting part.

I'm having issues configuring the program with AOL e-mail. GMail works great with a port setting of 587.
I've used 993, 587, 465, and 25.

File <string>, line 492 in mail
Error says, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party failed to respond after a period of time... "

Reviewed my Outlook configuration - SMTP Port is 587 - IMAP is 993
Operates fine.
In TwoToneDetect settings deleted asteriks and re-entered passcode x 4.

Record Time - 40.0
Record Release Time - 3.0
Tone Tolerance - 2.0
Tone Offset 0.0
Email Priority - 1
MP3 Encoding - 96000

Any assistance would be appreciate

Settings attached

Attachments

• 2TD_ver65.jpg
    2TD_ver65.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 955
  • dsc01545.jpg
    dsc01545.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 924

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Beautiful program fellas. In 1982 Motorola charged $79 a piece for vibrasponders / active filters with most FD alert radios requiring two for Quik Call II or four for Quik Call I @ $316.

RR_THUMBSUP

Now for the troubleshooting part.

I'm having issues configuring the program with AOL e-mail. GMail works great with a port setting of 587.
I've used 993, 587, 465, and 25.

File <string>, line 492 in mail
Error says, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party failed to respond after a period of time... "

Reviewed my Outlook configuration - SMTP Port is 587 - IMAP is 993
Operates fine.
In TwoToneDetect settings deleted asteriks and re-entered passcode x 4.

Record Time - 40.0
Record Release Time - 3.0
Tone Tolerance - 2.0
Tone Offset 0.0
Email Priority - 1
MP3 Encoding - 96000

Any assistance would be appreciate

Settings attached

Sounds like it can't connect to the email server. Make sure your SMTP server address is entered correctly.

Andy

TomDeC15

&quot;ffmpeg not found&quot;

Hello!

New to the thread and TTD, but I just wanted to say thanks! This is going to be a lot of help to me. I installed everything as the instructions stated, but when the tone hits I get "[Errno 11001]" and "ffmpeg not found". I unzipped the ffmpeg after downloading, before putting it in TTD's folder. The application recognizes the tone, attempts to send as an email, then retries until it exceeds the amount of retries allowed. It would then try to send as an AMR, but still exceeded the maximum tries and gave me error 11001. I tried reinstalling everything and went through the procedure over and over, with no change. I know it must be something simple, but I have searched the threads and cant seem to find an answer. Thanks guys!

Tom

DC31

Feed Provider
If it is attempting to send the email, it sounds like you problems are with the email server. Check to see that you have the email user name entered properly and the password encoded in Base 64 properly.
then also log into your email account through your web browser to see if there are any verification steps that it is waiting for you to complete. Then restart everything and try it again.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hello!

New to the thread and TTD, but I just wanted to say thanks! This is going to be a lot of help to me. I installed everything as the instructions stated, but when the tone hits I get "[Errno 11001]" and "ffmpeg not found". I unzipped the ffmpeg after downloading, before putting it in TTD's folder. The application recognizes the tone, attempts to send as an email, then retries until it exceeds the amount of retries allowed. It would then try to send as an AMR, but still exceeded the maximum tries and gave me error 11001. I tried reinstalling everything and went through the procedure over and over, with no change. I know it must be something simple, but I have searched the threads and cant seem to find an answer. Thanks guys!

Tom

That error may indicate that you have the email SMTP server address entered incorrectly or using the wrong port. What settings did you enter in the config menu GUI?

Andy

TomDeC15

Works!!

Great! I knew it had to be something simple. I had my email server wrong. Thanks for the help, this has already helped tremendously after three days of use. I appreciate it!

Tom

TomDeC15

Cant seem to figure this out...

Hello everyone. At the beginning of using the software I had one issue, but after that everything worked normally. Now, however, I cannot seem to get the page sent out over email. Texts send fine, but the email pretty much just "picks and chooses" what pages will be emailed out. Some days it will all work fine, others some may just get the text no email, while other people get nothing. my last recent call shows up as follows in the log:

File "<string>", line 499, in mail
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect65c\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 727, in sendmail
SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for Montowese Co2 Page Received at 11:18:29 on 06/17/14
Waiting for Silence Montowese Co2 11:18:53 on 06/17/14
Done recording Montowese Co2 11:18:56 on 06/17/14
done writing WAV Montowese Co2 11:18:56 on 06/17/14
ffmpeg not found, sending as WAV file instead of mp3
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect65c\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 727, in sendmail

Also, AT&T members can't save the contact in their phone. For every page that gets sent out, the number changes each time. This issue has only been reported with my AT&T members. If there is any way to fix this please let me know. Thank you for your continued help!!

Tom

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hello everyone. At the beginning of using the software I had one issue, but after that everything worked normally. Now, however, I cannot seem to get the page sent out over email. Texts send fine, but the email pretty much just "picks and chooses" what pages will be emailed out. Some days it will all work fine, others some may just get the text no email, while other people get nothing. my last recent call shows up as follows in the log:

Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for Montowese Co2 Page Received at 11:18:29 on 06/17/14
Waiting for Silence Montowese Co2 11:18:53 on 06/17/14
Done recording Montowese Co2 11:18:56 on 06/17/14
done writing WAV Montowese Co2 11:18:56 on 06/17/14
ffmpeg not found, sending as WAV file instead of mp3

Also, AT&T members can't save the contact in their phone. For every page that gets sent out, the number changes each time. This issue has only been reported with my AT&T members. If there is any way to fix this please let me know. Thank you for your continued help!!

Tom

This appears to be an issue with the email server or the internet connection. Do you have another email provider or server that you could try?

Andy

sfdff2

I have been using two tone detect for about a year now. We got a different computer donated to us and we are going to use it for this application. I downloaded the latest version, (65), and set it up. I am receiving our tones and messages thru our g-mail account, and I can get an e-mail with a wav attachment at my work. the problem is that I do not receive any text messages through my phone. We have us cellular so I am using my phone # @mms.uscc.com. any help would be appreciated.

Dan

DC31

Feed Provider
I have been using two tone detect for about a year now. We got a different computer donated to us and we are going to use it for this application. I downloaded the latest version, (65), and set it up. I am receiving our tones and messages thru our g-mail account, and I can get an e-mail with a wav attachment at my work. the problem is that I do not receive any text messages through my phone. We have us cellular so I am using my phone # @mms.uscc.com. any help would be appreciated.

Dan

If you are receiving a .wav attachment, that indicates that you don't have the ffmpeg file in the corrrect place or that it is not extracted. Make sure that you unzip the ffmpeg.zip file and put the ffmepg.exe into the TTD directory.

If it looks like you have done that properly and it still doesn't work, check to see that you have the correct ffmpeg for that computer. There are 32 bit and 64 bit versions, etc.

Sort that out first then work on the email address for your phone.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
If you are receiving a .wav attachment, that indicates that you don't have the ffmpeg file in the corrrect place or that it is not extracted. Make sure that you unzip the ffmpeg.zip file and put the ffmepg.exe into the TTD directory.

If it looks like you have done that properly and it still doesn't work, check to see that you have the correct ffmpeg for that computer. There are 32 bit and 64 bit versions, etc.

Sort that out first then work on the email address for your phone.

Agreed. Most carriers block WAV files because they end up being to large, so if you get it to send AMR/mp3 to your email, it will probably start working on your phone also.

Andy

KC9UNK

Two Tone Detect,problem

Alright so my set is on windows xp home. It decodes the tones fine,but doesnt send them to me via email or text message. Ive triple checked my email and passwords and all is good. I can send an admin email to myself but as far as the program doing it on its on thats a no go. Im using gmail and the port is 587 i believe. Any help would be appreciated. Ive looked through the debug and im not seeing any errors. Ive been racking my brain on this for about a week now and still no luck.

Thanks in advanced.

KC9UNK

KC9UNK

Alright so my set is on windows xp home. It decodes the tones fine,but doesnt send them to me via email or text message. Ive triple checked my email and passwords and all is good. I can send an admin email to myself but as far as the program doing it on its on thats a no go. Im using gmail and the port is 587 i believe. Any help would be appreciated. Ive looked through the debug and im not seeing any errors. Ive been racking my brain on this for about a week now and still no luck.

Thanks in advanced.
Sidenote,Ive tried 2 different emails and also i am able to send myself a text message from the program.

KC9UNK

Status
Not open for further replies.