Map unavailable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britt432

Feed Provider
For some reason, the RR interactive map is "unavailable." It says my "browser does not support the Flash content. " I am using a windows 8 PC. I know the map is out there because it worked on a different computer earlier today. Is there a setting I am missing or something? Please help if you know the answer.

To complicate things, I also have a MacBook Pro running here at the same time and it also indicates "error loading data" where the map belongs. Coincidence or is it a Radio Reference issue?

The map has worked on both computers in the past.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
You need Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled for the maps to show up.

Has something changed to disable or uninstall it on your computer?

Britt432

Feed Provider
It says it is enabled

The computer indicates that Flash Player is installed and enabled. If I go to the Broadcastify site, that map works fine. It is just the Radio Reference map that isn't working. Other media such as Youtube work ok.

This is kinda why I am here. It makes no sense.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Not much help, but I just tried it on FF, Chrome and IE and the map(s) show up for me.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
For some weird reason, RadioReference does not like secure connections (HTTPS). I get the issue whenever I connect to the DB via a Google search result since it automatically uses HTTPS connection. As soon as you go to an unsecured connection (HTTP), all the flash content warnings go away and the maps come back.

Britt432

Feed Provider
Thank You Thank You!

Spitfire, That must have been exactly what was wrong. I took out the "s" and the map came back! Thank you much!

Now back to my original task, trying to make the most of Radio Reference data bases with programming software.... ARC XT PRO for my 996XT.... and ScanControl for my 996T.

You don't by any chance have experience with "data grabber" and making the most with either of these programs do you? I am looking for the quickest, best methods for programming these scanners using the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.