PRO-135 PC Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a PRO-135 scanner from a friend. Good shape and it works. I picked up the programming cable from Radio Shack and installed the demo ARC135 software. I updated the drivers for the cable to the newest version and the computer sees it as COM3.

My problem is the computers I have installed the software/driver's on will not see the PRO-135 scanner. Every time I go to read/write the radio it says Scanner Cannot Be Found. AND I cannot see anywhere in the ARC135 software where I can change the COM Port settings.

Anyone able to help me out here?

Thanks!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I picked up a PRO-135 scanner from a friend. Good shape and it works. I picked up the programming cable from Radio Shack and installed the demo ARC135 software. I updated the drivers for the cable to the newest version and the computer sees it as COM3.

My problem is the computers I have installed the software/driver's on will not see the PRO-135 scanner. Every time I go to read/write the radio it says Scanner Cannot Be Found. AND I cannot see anywhere in the ARC135 software where I can change the COM Port settings.

Anyone able to help me out here?

Thanks!

The software will detect the port automatically. There is no port setting in the software

If you are using the short pigtail adaptor on the programming cable, remove it.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies folks. I've installed the software on two separate computers and get the same results. I am using the PC/IF port on the scanner. When I plug the scanner in it displays "WIRED" but the software won't see the adapter. I have tried it with both the pig tail and without the pigtail. I even have the most recent release of drivers for the cable.

Still no joy.

Does it make a difference if it is a current demo version, or does it have to be a full version for the software to work.

Thanks!

MelroseS1

Feed Provider
I'm having same issue with PRO 135 "cannot detect scanner"
Windows 7,

I downloaded the demo software from RR first and followed the directions to a T several times -no luck
uninstall-reboot

Then tried using the CD that came with the cable from RS. There is no Win7_Vista_XP_2000 directory on the CD I have, as shown in directions but it installed the FTDI CDM driver package any way (DOS window), seemed to install properly on port 3 still no luck.

Found the CDM 20600 on C: and tried to re-install driver, looked good- no luck

Tried different ports and I'm in the PC/IF
I also watched the four part tutorial on you tube by scannermaster which is a few years old but seems relevent

Could it be that its demo software? Why would anyone buy if the demo software can't read the scanner?
Reviewers on RS website give good reviews on the 546 cable for easy install and use, but I cant get it to work.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• Driver OK.jpg
    Driver OK.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 177

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
The ARC135 demo software will read data from the scanner as long as the demo did not expire.
All the drivers are on the demo software cdrom. They can be re-installed from the scanner software main contrrol panel. See PDF manual.

Gommert
Butel Software

MelroseS1

Feed Provider
Gommert,

Thank you for your reply.

As I stated in my previous post, complete with screenshot,the driver seems to install just fine, over and over, yet the program cannot see the scanner.

In both versions of the software that I have it says -Time restricted demo version for help please visit radioreference.com.

Does this mean it's expired? I just bought the cable and disk yesterday and downloaded the RR version the day before. I uninstalled one version and rebooted before installing the other including the FTDI CDM driver package.

I seem to remember that the dialog box at one point said something about 7 day trial period, but it doesn't say that any more, just to contact RR

MelroseS1

Feed Provider
The driver seems to install and re-install just fine.(see pic).

Still nothing. I've read the manual and followed the instructions exactly as written.

I really would like to purchase, but I really want to see it work first.

Maybe a bad cable?

Attachments

• Ready.jpg
    Ready.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 121

MelroseS1

Feed Provider
I got it to work

I'm posting this strictly to help the OP and for no other reason.

The download from RR didn't work , uninstall/reboot.
The disk that came with cable didn't work, uninstall/reboot.

I then attempted to try the Scancat software but I coudn't get it to even launch on my PC (Win7). uninstall/reboot.
But Scancat does have downloadable RS drivers here.

http://www.scancat.com/drivers/RadioShack_20-546_Drivers.zip

This time the Win7_Vista_XP_2000 and the Win98_ME folders are right there just like they're supposed to be according to the instructions, unlike in my previous post.This got me encouraged so I installed the Win7 driver

I downloaded demo directly from Butel site and installed. This time instead of a little scanner icon it has a colored pyramid icon, not sure if there's any difference in the program or just a different icon,

Plugged scanner in and got PC Wired on scanner screen. Bingo! Reads and writes like a charm.

Paid the $19.95 to fully unlock and it's working great, loaded all 10 banks of my scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.