consolidated dispatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

52to12

Effective 2/1/2006 I have found that Horry Co. is dispatching the City of Myrtle Beach as well as consolidating Horry Co. Fire and EMS on 154.400, instead of seperate dispatches for all three. The dispatch frequency is 154.400. Upon dispatch for fire/rescue call an 800 tach channel is assigned by Horry Co. Fire Control, ref Horry Co. 800 trunked system.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
How does this relate to the fact that MB FD operates on the MB TRS?

Do they simply simulcast MB FD dispatched on 154.400 and then operate on the MB FD talkgroups?

Brian

KWs

Premium Subscriber
From my listening experinces while in MB over past years, hasn't Horry always dispatched EMS for calls in MB? Once the EMS call ws toned out (usually announced as "Med X AND MB Fire"), MB dispatch would then tone out a MB fire/ems unit, if required.

Both systems are inter-operable .. so the assigned Horry tg is simply a tg, doesn't matter what system.

MBFD485

Feed Provider
This is how EMS system works in Horry County.

Horry County is responsible "by law" for EMS response throughout Horry County. However, the City of Myrtle Beach Fire Department provides two additional medic units for the delivery of EMS in the Myrtle Beach Area. They are dispatched as if they were Horry County units and both have "first-due" response areas. Their call signs are Medic 61 and Medic 62. Any other unit whose call sign starts with "Medic"(Example- Medic 1, Medic 7) belongs to Horry County Fire Rescue. They are all staffed by full-time fire personnel 24 hours a day.

Note: Any call sign that you hear containing "Rescue" and followed by a 100 series number. Such as, Rescue 102 or Rescue 801 are volunteer rescue squads. All volunteer rescue squads in Horry County agument the system and are not relied upon to provide primary response. They may be either BLS or ALS.

This is how the EMS dispatch system worksin Horry County.

All Horry County Fire Rescue Fire Units and ALL EMS (HCF/R, MBFD and volunteer Rescue Squads) are now dispatched over HCF/R Fire Dispatch. The EMS Dispatch freq 155.295 and 800 ID 8432 are no longer used. The County has been divided into the One(North) and Two(South) Battalions. All units in Battalion One(North) operate on Tac-One now while all units in Battalion Two(South) operate on Tac-Two. If a "south" battalion unit responds into the "north" battalion they will switch to Tac-One and visa-versa.

Now to answer the MBFD question......

MBFD and MBPD dispatches are consolidated. MBFD handles its own FIRE, HazMat and Special Rescue Calls. When HCF/R pages out MBFD it sets off an alert on the consol in Myrtle Beach's dispatch center. After which, MBFD dispatches the appropriate unit via its own system.

Hope this answers your question.

Last edited:

MBFD485

Feed Provider
No Problem. I've been in the emergency services in the MB area for the last 12 years. I know a very small amount about scanners. However, actual agency operations I'm pretty well versed. I would be happy to answer any questions. If I don't know it off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure I can find it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.