Linux (app_rpt) streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE2N

Feed Provider
the folks at Broadcastify said I should post this here since they have no Linux experience:
= = =
I am just setting up an asterisk app_rpt stream using a command line copied from
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Ezstream_on_Linux

as follows (all one line):
outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame -r -a -m mono -b 16 --cbr --resample 22.050 --lowpass 4 - - 2> /tmp/startstream.status | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/asterisk/ezstream.xml

Problem 1 - lame does not seem to like this. I get the following in startstream.status:

/usr/bin/lame: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/lame: undefined symbol: lame_set_write_id3tag_automatic

my lame is V3.99.5 (LAME MP3 Encoder) and ezstream is 0.5.6

Problem 2 - if I just run ezstream I get:

ezstream: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by ezstream)

Thanks for any help.
Ken

frazpo

the folks at Broadcastify said I should post this here since they have no Linux experience:
= = =
I am just setting up an asterisk app_rpt stream using a command line copied from

outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame -r -a -m mono -b 16 --cbr --resample 22.050 --lowpass 4 - - 2> /tmp/startstream.status | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/asterisk/ezstream.xml

Problem 1 - lame does not seem to like this. I get the following in startstream.status:

/usr/bin/lame: symbol lookup error: /usr/bin/lame: undefined symbol: lame_set_write_id3tag_automatic

ezstream: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by ezstream)

Thanks for any help.
Ken

Ken, What directions are you going from? The link you gave linked to a blank page.

****Nevermind - found it

frazpo

= = =

Thanks for any help.
Ken

Can you edit the lame config file to disable the id3 tag??

{* normaly lame_init_param writes ID3v2 tags into the audio stream
* call lame_set_write_id3tag_automatic(gfp, 0)before lame_init_param
* To turn off this behaviour And get ID3v2 tag With above Function
* Write it yourself into your File.

try using "-t" as another startup option when starting lame

Last edited:

KE2N

Feed Provider
the -t

That sounded promising but still got the same error

[root@test ~]# /usr/bin/lame -t -r -a -m mono -b 16 --cbr --resample 22.050 --lowpass 4 - -

maybe this has something to do with it - the ffmpeg one does not have that id3 symbol
but all the others do

[root@test ~]# locate lame.h
/usr/include/lame.h
/usr/include/lame/lame.h
/usr/local/cpffmpeg/include/lame/lame.h
/usr/local/include/lame/lame.h
/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk/lame/lame-3.99.5/include/lame.h

ok ... I tried /usr/local/bin/lame and it did not complain

I have to get rid of that failed ffmpeg stuff. sheesh.

KE2N

Feed Provider
ok - so now it is running - but it sounds like donald duck.
I tried adding -s 8.0 (the stream is 8 ks/s)

starting output stream /bin/sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/lame -t -r -a -m mono -b 16 -s 8.0 --cbr --resample 22.050 --lowpass 4 - - 2> /tmp/startstream.status | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/asterisk/ezstreamRR.xml

maybe I do not understand what resample is doing, Help!

frazpo

That sounded promising but still got the same error

[root@test ~]# /usr/bin/lame -t -r -a -m mono -b 16 --cbr --resample 22.050 --lowpass 4 - -

maybe this has something to do with it - the ffmpeg one does not have that id3 symbol
but all the others do

[root@test ~]# locate lame.h
/usr/include/lame.h
/usr/include/lame/lame.h
/usr/local/cpffmpeg/include/lame/lame.h
/usr/local/include/lame/lame.h
/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk/lame/lame-3.99.5/include/lame.h

ok ... I tried /usr/local/bin/lame and it did not complain

I have to get rid of that failed ffmpeg stuff. sheesh.
delete

frazpo

starting output stream /bin/sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/lame -t -r -a -m mono -b 16 -s 8.0 --cbr --resample 22.050 --lowpass 4 - - 2> /tmp/startstream.status | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/asterisk/ezstreamRR.xml

I wouldnt adjust commands until I messed with mixer settings. Thsoe of us that stream with linux sometimes have to fight that a bit

frazpo

What sound mixer are you using? Mine is adjustable is in alsamixer. The settings have to be right or the audio goes to pot

KE2N

Feed Provider
donald duck

my audio stream is 8 ks/sec and 16 bits mono
that is why I have " -m mono -b 16 -s 8.0 "

I have tried with and without the "--resample 22.050" and some different rates other than 22.05.

in the XML file there are 3 parameters:

<svrinfobitrate>16</svrinfobitrate>
<svrinfochannels>1</svrinfochannels>
<svrinfosamplerate>8000</svrinfosamplerate>

I have tried various things in the sample rate field. But the best I have been able to do is sound like 33 RPM played at 78 RPM. That is the best case.

What is the relationship between these things? Resample 22.05 and svrinfosamplerate 22050 does not seem to work.

Ken

frazpo

my audio stream is 8 ks/sec and 16 bits mono
that is why I have " -m mono -b 16 -s 8.0 "

I have tried with and without the "--resample 22.050" and some different rates other than 22.05.

in the XML file there are 3 parameters:

<svrinfobitrate>16</svrinfobitrate>

I have tried various things in the sample rate field. But the best I have been able to do is sound like 33 RPM played at 78 RPM. That is the best case.

What is the relationship between these things? Resample 22.05 and svrinfosamplerate 22050 does not seem to work.

Ken

My bit rate is 16. Maybe you should try 16000??
sample rate is 11025

Your settings are more complex than darkice.

Last edited:

KE2N

Feed Provider
alright ... this was working with another streaming server. Now that I have lame working I decided to give up on those helpfull settings mentioned early in this chain and use my old settings with radio reference and --- it works. Here is what works

in asterisk:
outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8.0 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/asterisk/ezstream.xml

and the XML
<ezstream>
<url>http://audio3.radioreference.com:80/xxxxxxxx</url>
<sourcepassword>xxxxxxxx</sourcepassword>
<format>MP3</format>
<filename>stdin</filename>
<svrinfoname> W4BRM/R </svrinfoname>
<svrinfourl>http://www.radioreference.com/</svrinfourl>
<svrinfogenre>Amateur Radio</svrinfogenre>
<svrinfodescription>Live Monitor of Allstar Link Network Node 27021 (W4BRM)</svrinfodescription>
<svrinfobitrate>32</svrinfobitrate>
<svrinfopublic>1</svrinfopublic>
</ezstream>

lorentedford

I am having a similar issue here all the sudden did a format on my repeater to take care of a motherboard swap and having issues so far have tried alot of the above but i am running two repeaters so my rpt.conf looks like node @@@@
outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8.0 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream2.xml

then like node XXXXXXX
outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8.0 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream.xml

anythoughts or suggestions still thinking it could be a mount point issue and bad password from broadcastify..

frazpo

I am having a similar issue here all the sudden did a format on my repeater to take care of a motherboard swap and having issues so far have tried alot of the above but i am running two repeaters so my rpt.conf looks like node @@@@
outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8.0 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream2.xml

then like node XXXXXXX
outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/local/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8.0 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream.xml

anythoughts or suggestions still thinking it could be a mount point issue and bad password from broadcastify..

So errors or sound quality problems??

lorentedford

Just Random errors...

I did reinstall the setup and everything that i could think of the only difference this time is we have two repeaters and wanted to stream them both..
found the following and yes i believe i have installed them all correctly..

/usr/bin/ezstream
/usr/bin/ezstream-file/sh
/usr/bin/lame

asterisk -r shows this

Connected to Asterisk currently running on KC9ZHV-_R (pid = 2318)
Verbosity is at least 3
-- app_rpt node 29925 starting output stream /bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream.xml
-- app_rpt node 27103 starting output stream /bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/bin/ezstream -qvc /etc/ezstream2.xml

Status
Not open for further replies.