Feed disconnecting / reconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

perry_kansas

Feed Provider
My feed has been disconnecting then reconnecting every couple of hours the last couple of days BUT it disconnects and reconnects so fast that it does not trigger and e-mail alert about my feed being down.

I just so happen to listen to my own feed using itunes on another computer in my house and of course I have to re load itunes when it disconnects for a split second. Itunes is not the problem I have used other players also on my home page.

The computer I have running the feed is not loosing it's internet connection and my modem and router are also not loosing connections.

Scanner cast simply will go down then back up.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Perry,
What software are you using to broadcast your feed? I had a very similar issue on the receive side of my software. If whatever you are using is .Net based, it could be related.

perry_kansas

Feed Provider
Perry,
What software are you using to broadcast your feed? I had a very similar issue on the receive side of my software. If whatever you are using is .Net based, it could be related.

I have been using the EXACT same thing since 5-20-2011

K1PGV's ScannerCast RR Edition V0.14 ( 10307 )

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Ok, the issue I ran into was the HttpWebRequest built into the .Net framework now limits concurrent connections to the same web server to 2 by default. I know ScannerCast is a .Net application but if you haven't updated it or the .Net Framework on your computer recently, then this probably is not the issue.

an39511

You may also want to pick up the program ping plotter to see if your internet connection is the problem. Several months ago my feed was dropping the same as you describe and it was due to packet loss on my ISP.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
You may also want to pick up the program ping plotter to see if your internet connection is the problem. Several months ago my feed was dropping the same as you describe and it was due to packet loss on my ISP.

I had the exact same problem; PingPlotter showed that there were times I wasn't getting out to the ISP's headend, which caused the modem to reboot itself. The technician came out and replaced all of the connectors, including the one out on the phone pole, and the splitter - problem solved. Based on the modem signal numbers, it appears that the splitter was going bad.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ok, the issue I ran into was the HttpWebRequest built into the .Net framework now limits concurrent connections to the same web server to 2 by default. I know ScannerCast is a .Net application but if you haven't updated it or the .Net Framework on your computer recently, then this probably is not the issue.

Your statements are not fair and are misleading. The dot net framework versions are designed to co-exist. You didn't state which version of the dot net framework. By stating "now limits" is implying that Peter's ScannerCast or mine are using the latest version which is 4.5. Peter's ScannerCast and my RadioFeed/ProScan targets the 2.0 framework. How do you know Peter's ScannerCast is using the HttpWebRequest class? He could be using the WebRequest or Socket classes.

Can you re-word ".Net framework now limits concurrent connections to the same web server to 2 by default." ScannerCast and RadioFeed (Source Client Feature) are not Web Servers so the sentence doesn't make sense.

[EDIT] Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Just when I see misleading info on something I know about then I like to comment.

To the OP, it could be a number of things at the source or the server but not between ISP's (Gordon will disagree with me on that). It could be Ethernet cables and ports, it could be the Broadcastify audio server. Are you running AVG anti-virus by any chance? That will interrupt TCP traffic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.