PRO-107 Reband Trunking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf5jmd

These are the frequencies for the system I am trying to monitor with this scanner:

Motorola Type II Smartzone (TxWARN site ID 2878 Hempstead) Rebanded

Last night I found using this scanner with Hyperterminal watching the CC Dump 3 new VC frequencies, sent info to RR, they updated. I have this working fine on my BCT8, but not on the PRO-107. Was missing traffic with my BCT8 and wondered why, found those three new freq's, fixed the BCT8, but the PRO-107 is not working properly.

852.66250 852.75000 852.90000 853.3750 853.60000a 853.75000 858.76250 859.46250c 859.93750 860.36250

I am using I-SCAN should I be using something else? All software/firmware/library updates have been done. I have added the new freqs into the Site Frequencies in I-Scan. I have tried under Site Options setting the Trunking Tables Type to Default, Splinter, and Custom. Under Custom I have clicked the "Set Reband" and then click OK. Still it doesn't work right. In the Custom setting for Trunk Tables, there is a lot of info entered into the tables, can provide screenshot if needed I have not modified any of it.

What happens is all of the channels work fine, except when it hits one of the three new VC's:

858.76250 859.93750 860.36250

When it lands on one of those the proper TalkGroup ID is on screen, and the bottom line on the display with flash really fast and you can see it says VC: (and the Freq here) but the squelch does not open and no radio traffic is heard. Listening Simultaneously on my BCT8 works fine on that scanner, just not the Pro-107.

I have copied the Config AND the Library to the SD card over and over and still not working.

Am I missing something? Is there something special I need to do?

Thanks in Advance,

Chris
KF5JMD

kf5jmd

Since the problem may be in the trunk tables I have attached image of the Custom Trunking Tables from I-Scan.

Attachments

• iscan-custom-trunk.JPG
    iscan-custom-trunk.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 521

talkpair

The offsets look incorrect for tables 01-05.

Try these:

Win96_Reband.jpg

kf5jmd

Radio traffic has settled down a lot since earlier so I am not 100% sure, but changing those tables appears to be working, i.e. it is receiving the transmissions, BUT it's reporting incorrect VC frequencies when it stops on one of the three problem frequencies. It's showing that it is receiving on an 854.**** freq rather than the proper 858.**** 859.***** or 860.***** frequency?

kf5jmd

Now this has me wondering what the real correct Voice Channels are, so I am going to setup a conventional 800 scanner and see what the real freqs are.... This trunking stuff can drive you nuts, if they had just left it alone the way it was (before rebanding) wouldn't have all these problems!

kf5jmd

As I was afraid of, those frequencies are incorrect. Now that I have updated the Trunk Tables according to the suggestion by talkpair the scanner IS working properly, so the VC's that the Pro-107 are reporting are correct. So I need to listen for a while and monitor the control channel for the proper frequencies, I have a conventional scanner next to it confirming when there is traffic. I guess the Pro-107 was reporting wrong because of the botched Trunk Tables, and the reason I got the BCT8 to work was because I set it to CC Only mode or a different Plan table and that made it work despite the fact that I entered the wrong freqs, because it is working 100%... So I will get the proper freqs nailed down and confirmed with a non-trunk scanner and then update RR again so they can correct the Database info... What a MESS!

Thanks Talkpair for the help though, made my 107 work.

kf5jmd

Thanks for the help I finally got it all straightened out, even got my BCT8's straightened out, the Trunking Tables under E2-Custom were all jacked up in those scanners, I do not know why. For anyone reading this later that has problem with trunking and their Pro-107 just make your Trunk Tables look like what Talkpair posted and that will fix you up. Only thing I did differently than his table was move Line 05 to 04 and 04 to 05 just making it look nicer (numerical order? OCD? )

Thanks again!

talkpair

It's most likely that the system only uses the first two lines of the table, and the change you made should have no effect.

It's important that you keep the first two lines in the order in which they appear above, otherwise the scanner will make it's frequency calculations using the incorrect line of the table.

For example, lets say the scanner is told to steer to logical channel number (LCN) 509.

Using line 00 from the above table, we see that channel 509 is greater than low channel 440 and less than high channel 559.
This means that the scanner will use this line from the table to perform it's frequency calculation.

The formula is (( LCN - Offset ) * Step ) + Base Frequency = Channel Frequency
-or-
( 509 - 440 ) * .025 ) + 851.025 = 852.75

The scanner then steers to 852.75.

The second line of the table (01) is also capable of resolving the problem because 509 is between 0 and 719. The result of this calculation would be 863.7375 MHz.

In cases where multiple lines in the table could resolve the problem, the line nearest the top of the table takes precedence over any lines below it.

If you were to transpose the first two lines of the table, the line containing 440-559 would have no effect because the line above it would take precedence and resolve the channel frequency as if rebanding had never occurred.

kf5jmd

Thanks for the explanations. I only swapped lines 4 and 5, so I should put them back as was pictured from your Win96? As you might have guessed I'm no expert on trunking, I just wing it best I can to make it work. Maybe once I start playing with the new P25 system going online here next year I can get a little more "into it". Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.