New Streaming, Logging and Recording Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmac

Feed Provider
Tried the automatic update, did not reload.

downloaded new version and still will not load.

Get this Error message -

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\John\Desktop\RadioLog.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Value does not fall within the expected range.

johnmac

Feed Provider
Tried the automatic update, did not reload.

downloaded new version and still will not load.

Get this Error message -

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\John\Desktop\RadioLog.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Value does not fall within the expected range.

deleted old program and reloaded. Now seems to be working again.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
John, sorry about that. The error you had is fixed in the latest version. I'm going to look into a better way to update when something like that happens.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
I have posted version 1.1.0.35. This will resolve the connection issues that may people have been experiencing. I have run this version for several hours under the configuration below and have not had any issues. Thank you to everyone that has submitted logs and settings, it helped a lot in resolving this issue. I will now be focusing on several usability suggestions that everyone has been posting.

Test setup:
Windows 7 Ultimate running on an i7 processor with 8gb RAM
48 live feeds all running MDC decoding and recording.
10 duplicated feeds that have caused issues on other systems.
CPU utilization is roughly 3% for the past few hours.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
If anyone that was having the feed disconnect issues has tried 1.1.0.35+, please let me know if the issues are now resolved. They should be, but I want to make sure before I get too far ahead of myself with other changes.

Thanks,
Joe

johnmac

Feed Provider
Running v.37 on Windows 8.1 and still have not seen any improvement. For that matter, I think it may be worse. Ran it overnight and this morning, there were 6 feeds saying connected, but none were working. Re-started and everything came back to life.

Ran it all day today and came back to it a number of hours later. Program was frozen, took a few minutes to get it to close through Task Manager.

Re-started and seems to be working somewhat. tried multiple connections, I will see how long it lasts.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
John,
Can you zip up all the contents of the c:\ProgramData\RadioLog folder and send them to support@responderapps.com
You are the first to report that the problem is not fixed vs 14 people that say it is. I'm thinking the issue that you have may be different (possibly windows 8.1 related) so I need to gather as much info as I can.

Thank you for your patience,
Joe

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
I have posted an update that should resolve the issues seen by johnmac. The 2 issues were feeds that were offline and feeds that occasionally drop out. In both these cases, RadioLog didn't handle it as gracefully as it should. The update also makes a change to the "High Noise Filter" setting. The setting has been removed, and a new "Noise Floor" setting is now in the software. The "Noise Floor" settings are now Low/Normal/High/Extra High. This should allow more adjustment than just the Low/High that was in the software before. If anyone is having an issue with the feed always being highlighted/audio active, then set this to High or Extra High (very useful for filtering out humming on feeds).
As usual, the details for this release can be found at ResponderApps - RadioLog Release History

Joe

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
I have posted a feature enhancement release. This is mainly just a visual display enhancement. It adds a "Display" setting that controls the layout from the existing Tabbed interface, an All-in-One display that removes the tabs and has everything on the same screen and a Grids-Only interface. There is also a "Sources" display window and a "Grids-Only" interface that automatically opens the "Sources" window. That mode allows people with multiple monitors to open the grids on one screen and the sources on another. I also added the ability to turn off the grouping of sources, which helps the "All-in-One" display. The next release will add saving the window position and size of the "Sources" display.

Let me know what you think.

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
I have posted version 1.1.0.40. This version has a few minor fixes and enhancements, and includes the initial release of FleetSync2 decoding. Release details can be found at ResponderApps - RadioLog Release History

Also, 100% of all sales today (Veterans Day) will be donated to veteran support charities. For now that will be the Wounded Warrior Foundation. If anyone has suggestions on additional charities, I would appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks,
Joe

nick223

Feed Provider
Nice updates Joe!

For the all in one interface what about displaying all active feeds first before all the in active feeds?

also hows the priority feature coming along? :)

Keep up the great work!!!!

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Nick, there is more to come! I am in the process of adding in a few fireground features that were in my old software (Roll Call, Manual Mayday's, replacement radios, units on scene, etc). I will look into sorting of the groups once that is done. What I am thinking is being able to select Enabled/Disabled followed by sort order, but the current sort order only will be the default. Also, in the next release I have re-styled the standard message box to fit into the theme of the software. I have also added a custom "noise floor" setting and the ability to filter out noise. This is like a squelch level adjustment for the feeds. It is very basic now, but I intend to improve it over the next few releases.

For those of you waiting for P25 decoding, I am very close. There is just an issue to resolve with the FFT calculations so they don't take up so much CPU time.

Finally, I have created a facebook page for the app. You can get to it at http://facebook.com/radiologapp

Thanks,
Joe

KC2YSI

Premium Subscriber
Mac and iOS version: I submitted the Mac and iOS (iPhone and iPad) versions for review last Sunday. The Mac version may be available later today or tomorrow, with the iOS version in the next week or so. The Mac version will be $19.99 and the iOS version will be $2.99 (streaming audio only, no recording in iOS). If you would like copies of these, I am giving anyone that is a current RadioLog customer before it hits the AppStore a free activation code. Just send an email to support@responderapps.com from the email you originally purchased the Windows license with and I'll send you a code for both Mac and iPhone/iPad versions as they become available.

Joe

aliby19

Feed Provider
I am really interested in the Mac and iOS versions of the product.

Any chance I could help test them or do a trial of them? I do see you just submitted them to the Mac and iOS App Store.

Thanks!

kb1ejw

Local Idiot
Feed Provider
Thanks for all of your recent updates. I have all feeds running smoothly. One question, is there a way (perhaps in a future update) to separate the audio on a feed, i.e. "left/right/stereo"? I have a few stereo feeds I listen to that I only like to hear one side of the feed (i.e. police on right, fire on left- I don't want to hear police)
Thanks for all your hard work on this program. I really enjoy using it

DC31

Feed Provider
Trial version buggy?

I have downloaded the trial version Radiolog (1.1.0.41) and find it extremely confusing or is it just buggy? The only way I can get it to display anything is to use the Grids and Auto-Open Sources Display. I have Show Unit ID enabled along with most of the other options in the list. Nothing displays in the log for nearly 30 minutes then it starts showing some unit id's. Some of the sources don't show up in the list even though the program is broadcasting audio from their feeds. When I start up the program all the feeds show disconnected until I open the settings on one feed and close it. Then they all show connected.

I am running this off an older Toughbook with Windows XP SP3 if that maybe makes any difference. Any hints that I need to figure this out before the trial expires in three days? the way I have it working now, I certainly am not going to buy the full version.

Thanks

Jim

ScanYak

Feed Provider
Is there a way to run Radiolog with different instances (one at a time) that has different settings (different feeds)? One click to open without having to mute or disable feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.