TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

jackdanls1

I downloaded the 65d update today and now no one is receiving the AMR Email file at all. The MP3 Email is still working with the update but not the AMR Email.

John

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I downloaded the 65d update today and now no one is receiving the AMR Email file at all. The MP3 Email is still working with the update but not the AMR Email.

John

AMR doesn't work for Sprint or other carriers with 65d?

Andy

dfdpaging

Does anyone know how to prevent more then one email per tone out per call?
My department will send out 3 different sets of tones for a call, one for each department.
In v0.24 it would only record the first tone and then send one email for a multiple department page. In the current version it will record each of the tones sent out and send an email for each. I tried the ignore tone option but there are different tones for each fire house.

mwiseley

Feed Provider
65d seems to fix things for me

It appears to work for all my users including the Sprint users. Very limited test so far but it did work.

Mark

jackdanls1

AMR doesn't work for Sprint or other carriers with 65d?

Andy

I forgot to drag the ffmpeg file to the new TTD 65d Folder. The AMR is now working once again to all my Sprint iphone users but the MP3 Email has stopped sending out. Its shows numerouse attempts of sending the email but it finally gives up.

John

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I forgot to drag the ffmpeg file to the new TTD 65d Folder. The AMR is now working once again to all my Sprint iphone users but the MP3 Email has stopped sending out. Its shows numerouse attempts of sending the email but it finally gives up.

John

Can you check your log.txt file for errors after a failed mp3 send? Also make sure all of the email addresses are correct...if the program is throwing an error, then that's not something related to Sprint.

Andy

Westernbound

65d working fine

For those having problems with Sprint and AMR files, I just posted v65d available here. Give it a try and let me know if it solves the problem or not. I haven't posted this version on the program page yet because I threw it together in a hurry and want to make sure it works before posting it there. Also let me know if it causes any issues with non-Sprint users.

Thanks,

Andy

I started using 65d this morning and did some test pages, my Sprint users say they are receiving the recordings again. Everything else seems to work like normal and I have not heard of any issues with any non-Sprint users.

Marvin

jackdanls1

Can you check your log.txt file for errors after a failed mp3 send? Also make sure all of the email addresses are correct...if the program is throwing an error, then that's not something related to Sprint.

Andy

Waiting for Silence TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:21 on 11/16/14
Done recording TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:24 on 11/16/14
done writing WAV TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:24 on 11/16/14
done converting to MP3 TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:25 on 11/16/14
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 480, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/TEST_PAGE_PRIVATE_2014-11-1622_25_24_773000.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for TEST PAGE PRIVATE page received at 22:25:25 on 11/16/14
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/TEST_PAGE_PRIVATE_2014-11-1622_25_24_773000.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for TEST PAGE PRIVATE page received at 22:25:25 on 11/16/14
Email not sent on attempt 3trying again in five seconds for TEST PAGE PRIVATE page received at 22:25:25 on 11/16/14
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
done converting to AMR TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:42 on 11/16/14
AMR Email sent! TEST PAGE PRIVATE Page Received at 22:25:42 on 11/16/14 22:25:44 on 11/16/14
Succesfully retrieved local tone info
Tone2

All Email Addresses are correct. I am receiving the text only email just not the MP3 email.

Thanks,
John

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Waiting for Silence TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:21 on 11/16/14
Done recording TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:24 on 11/16/14
done writing WAV TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:24 on 11/16/14
done converting to MP3 TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:25 on 11/16/14
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for TEST PAGE PRIVATE page received at 22:25:25 on 11/16/14
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for TEST PAGE PRIVATE page received at 22:25:25 on 11/16/14
Email not sent on attempt 3trying again in five seconds for TEST PAGE PRIVATE page received at 22:25:25 on 11/16/14
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
done converting to AMR TEST PAGE PRIVATE 22:25:42 on 11/16/14
AMR Email sent! TEST PAGE PRIVATE Page Received at 22:25:42 on 11/16/14 22:25:44 on 11/16/14
Succesfully retrieved local tone info
Tone2

All Email Addresses are correct. I am receiving the text only email just not the MP3 email.

Thanks,
John

If you go into the /audio directory, is the mp3 file there? I suspect this might still be ffmpeg related.

Andy

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi,
Coming back to the software after learning there are quite a few updates since I got it working and left it running up in my firehall's attic with version 0.24. :)

I have been setting up the new version this morning in preparation for dropping it onto my 'alerting computer' tonight when I stop by.

Are you aware that TonesEditor will happily let you put the same email address in a destination list twice (or multiple times) and not complain about duplicates?

jackdanls1

If you go into the /audio directory, is the mp3 file there? I suspect this might still be ffmpeg related.

Andy

There was no audio files in the audio folder so I went ahead and redid the ffmpeg in the TTD folder, did a couple test pages and everything is back to normal. Thanks for everything Andy and all you do to keep this program running.

John

41Fire

Feed Provider
All,
Not sure if a thread already exists on this subject, but having issues using gmail as the two tone detect mail client. Seems gmail is shutting down as it is suspecting two tone detect as a spam machine. I have seen posts indicating you must keep the sent folder clean of any rejected emails, etc. For the past several days I have both cleaned up unknown email addresses in the two tone detect config file and kept the the account clean but am still having issues.
The only indication I have that gmail is shutting me down is when I go to access the gmail account via the web browser and I get prompted to enter an "anti-phising" phrase before I can access my account.
Is anyone else having this problem ? Can someone direct me to another thread.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
41Fire
Susquehanna County Fire and EMS Live Feed

Dorf411

All,
Not sure if a thread already exists on this subject, but having issues using gmail as the two tone detect mail client. Seems gmail is shutting down as it is suspecting two tone detect as a spam machine. I have seen posts indicating you must keep the sent folder clean of any rejected emails, etc. For the past several days I have both cleaned up unknown email addresses in the two tone detect config file and kept the the account clean but am still having issues.
The only indication I have that gmail is shutting me down is when I go to access the gmail account via the web browser and I get prompted to enter an "anti-phising" phrase before I can access my account.
Is anyone else having this problem ? Can someone direct me to another thread.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
41Fire
Susquehanna County Fire and EMS Live Feed

I had a similar problem early on and found the only way to solve it was to create a new gmail account and be much more careful in the future with adding numbers and servers. If I get a failed number that comes back as undelivered I delete it promptly and ask questions later. This prevents unneeded undelivered messages that could be considered SPAM.

DC31

Feed Provider
I had a similar problem early on and found the only way to solve it was to create a new gmail account and be much more careful in the future with adding numbers and servers. If I get a failed number that comes back as undelivered I delete it promptly and ask questions later. This prevents unneeded undelivered messages that could be considered SPAM.

Make sure that you also check the SPAM folder in your gmail account for undeliverable notices. I find that many end up there and you don't see them unless you really go looking for them.

41Fire

Feed Provider
Dorf411 and DC31. Thanks for your help. I checked my account and I am currently "locked out" for 24 hours.
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585

I checked for invalid or bounced email and/or text message addresses and there are none.

It appears gmail just doesn't like the way this app is sending out messages.

I really do not want to create another gmail account until I get this resolved. Very frustrating.

Question I have: Is there another free email client that I can use that may be less restrictive ?

41Fire

DC31

Feed Provider
Dorf411 and DC31. Thanks for your help. I checked my account and I am currently "locked out" for 24 hours.
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585

I checked for invalid or bounced email and/or text message addresses and there are none.

It appears gmail just doesn't like the way this app is sending out messages.

I really do not want to create another gmail account until I get this resolved. Very frustrating.

Question I have: Is there another free email client that I can use that may be less restrictive ?

41Fire

From the link that you posted above, have you tried:

"If you are sending mail in accordance with our guidelines and Gmail continues to mark your messages as spam, contact us." ??

If you explain the situation to them I would hope that they could help you resolve it.

Jim

41Fire

Feed Provider
DC31,
The "contact us" is an email link which I haven't had time to create the correct wording to send in yet. In the meantime, I did find that the account was reactivated after 24 hours. Paging emails and texts are going out again today. I am being diligent about deleting all sent mail, even though there appears to be no bounces.
We'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the reply.
Jim

ejackson046

Feed Provider
I have recently downloaded the program for the first time and would like to know is there a fix to att phones not receiving the pages? I have seen minimal info on it throughout the thread. Wondering if there is a quick fix?

lilmeat001

Premium Subscriber
two tone detect

Does anyone know if using two tone detect on my Fire Department is a violation to the FCC rules?