Official "Charlotte-Meck" Radio Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd8x

try out this file.

unzip file then click filename and use freescan program to open the program...

Attachments

• CLT P25.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 145

mrlotus007

Thanks for the file. Uploaded to my 396xt with Freescan and get an error; "No APCO Band Plan." I let it scan all night and received nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

W4DXL

I wonder if there has been a noticeable drop in activity here due to analog scanning being phased out. I'm not about to shell out big bucks for a P25 capable scanner, especially since to me the audio is lacking.

In my care though is a 396T that belongs to a friend. The display doesn't work and I have been thinking about getting it fixed for him. Uniden has a $50 blanket repair charge that doesn't seem to bad.

kg4pbd

I wonder if there has been a noticeable drop in activity here due to analog scanning being phased out. I'm not about to shell out big bucks for a P25 capable scanner, especially since to me the audio is lacking.

In my care though is a 396T that belongs to a friend. The display doesn't work and I have been thinking about getting it fixed for him. Uniden has a $50 blanket repair charge that doesn't seem to bad.

I had a seven year old 396 repaired by Uniden last year. The scanner I received back was essentially a brand new radio. Very pleased with what I got for $50.

A 396T will work very well on this system IF you are in the right location and/or have it on a good antenna. Since the switch to the P25 system I've given up on mobile or portable monitoring. Both my 396 and HP- 1 are tethered to yagi's. Everyone's experience varies, depending on where in Charlotte you are located.

Hey Guys new to the board here in the Charlotte Area. I just recently bought a uniden sportcat 180 for the races and I was also wanting to listen to CMPD as well. Will this radio work for that or will I have to get a scanner for the home. I am very new to the field of working a scanner so any info would help. Thanks Guys

kd8x

Hey Guys new to the board here in the Charlotte Area. I just recently bought a uniden sportcat 180 for the races and I was also wanting to listen to CMPD as well. Will this radio work for that or will I have to get a scanner for the home. I am very new to the field of working a scanner so any info would help. Thanks Guys

If it isn't a digital scanner it will not pick up Charlotte PD.

kg4pbd

For at least the last two days Charlotte Fire Conf 1 (991) has been coming across occasionally encrypted. I thought it was full time encryption but I see in Unitrunker it sometimes comes across in the clear. it appears to be one particular user i.d. that is encrypted. I thought these talkgroups were strapped to be either clear or encrypted.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
The CFD Facebook page today shows technicians reprogramming all CFD radios for better interoperability.Not sure what all that is about.

mailman64

listening today. each time a company went out of service to get radios programmed they came back in service encrypted. hopefully this does not last long

kg4pbd

Alarm, events 2 fire, and the few ops talkgroups I saw go active are all still in the clear. The only encryption I've seen is on conf 1, and that was two particular user I. D. 's. If the database is updated then I'm guessing someone knows more than us, and hopefully this is it. Also been wondering why the dual voice and locution dispatching that's been going on for awhile now on alarm and events 2. That's always been an occasional thing but for now at least is constant.

adams_jb

Feed Provider
Help With Scanner settings

Anyone that can help me with my scanner settings for the Charlotte-Meck P25 system. I have a PSR800 & Pro 18 scanners and am having trouble getting clear reception. I get a full five bars of signal, but the transmissions are very garbled at times? Can anyone give any tips or tricks to receive them clear??

:lol: Thanks in advance,

Jason

kg4pbd

Anyone that can help me with my scanner settings for the Charlotte-Meck P25 system. I have a PSR800 & Pro 18 scanners and am having trouble getting clear reception. I get a full five bars of signal, but the transmissions are very garbled at times? Can anyone give any tips or tricks to receive them clear??

:lol: Thanks in advance,

Jason

Sounds like simulcast distortion. A big problem on this system depending on where you are. Search the forums for simulcast distortion for more information on that. Basically your radio is receiving the same signal from multiple towers. The only solution is changing location and/or antenna.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Don't know about the CMPD feed, but Mint Hill PD is still simulcast on the analog 800mhz.

Why do I also receive Mint Hill PD dispatch on repeater input 815.7375?

blinddog50

Question good people.
Having been out of scanning for several years, been active in hf, would a HP1 fit my needs here in Meck. Co. or should I throw the dice and go HP 2?
I see that tactical tg's have gone encypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.