Scanner Programming for Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesgarage

Hi,

We provide the feed to RadioReference.com for Bryan County. One of the troopers here said the OHP is switching to 800mhz. We were thinking we could get a Bearcat BCD996XT and still provide the feed.
Can anyone tell me how to get the new frequencies and program the 996XT?
I'm new at this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
That sounds like a good choice for a radio, while some might say it's too much, it will at least be one that should last for years around your area. To get the freqs needed, at the top of the page on the left upper is a tab "Database" with your arrow over it a drop down shows FD and ARD, click on the Frequency Database to bring uo a map of the U.S. Then click on Oklahoma and it brings up all the counties. Find your county and click on it to open up the listings known to it. I don't know the timeline of when OHP will join the 800 system down there maybe someone closer can help with that.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
DITTO to this ^^^^^^

I've been watching the new FCC license grants for new 800 sites in Troop E but still haven't seen anything. I figured they would switch over pretty soon after Ardmore but that hasn't been the case.

n5bew1

Looks like they will need to build a few tower sites before they could have much coverage in Troop E. That takes big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.