TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v67a Posted

I just upgraded to v67 and was advised that members are not receiving the AMR files, those receiving MP3 files do not report any issues. I looked in the log file and found the following error:

Done recording XXXXXXXFD 11:44:59 on 01/31/15
done writing WAV XXXXXXXFD 11:44:59 on 01/31/15
done converting to MP3 XXXXXXXFD 11:44:59 on 01/31/15
done converting to AMR XXXXXXXFD 11:45:00 on 01/31/15
MP3 Email sent! XXXXXXXFD page received at 11:44:36 on 01/31/15 11:45:04 on 01/31/15
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 976, in alert
TypeError: bad operand type for unary +: 'str'

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I reverted back to the previous program with no issues reported.

I believe I found the bug that was causing AMR files to not send, and have just posted v67a on the program page with a fix. I'm away from home so I haven't tested this yet, but I think it should work. Let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I installed v67 last night on 2 Windows systems(One XP, one Windows 7, both 32bit) and configured both for redundancy using a ftp. Both are also configured to use a remote encrypted tones file. Both systems previously ran v65c of TTD for weeks on end without issue. On both systems TTD goes unresponsive after running 10-12 hours, no error message is displayed. Event Viewer only show "Application Hang." I do get an email from the opposite system saying the other has not been heard from for 7.0 minutes. After closing the hung application and restarting TTD, I do get an email saying the TTD detect instance is back online.

I haven't tried removing the redundant configuration to see if it resolves my hang issue with v67. Also there hasn't been a page on the tones I'm monitoring since I deployed v67. I'll continue to test.

Scott

Good info, please keep me posted. Most of the testing that was done with regard to the redundancy feature was done on Raspberry Pis, although I did run it under Windows for a few days with no hangup issues noted.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I too have noticed this in the logs....Also since updating I have noticed that some tones are getting detected twice....I just went and added 30secs to ignore_after....which I hope fixes it. But I have never need to have that option enabled.

Can you explain more about tones getting detected twice? The tone detection algorithm didn't change at all from 65 to 67.

Andy

DC31

Feed Provider
v67 pi report

Good info, please keep me posted. Most of the testing that was done with regard to the redundancy feature was done on Raspberry Pis, although I did run it under Windows for a few days with no hangup issues noted.

Andy

Andy, I have been running v67 on my "slow" RPi (one department) for three days now. I have experienced none of the problems that others have encountered here. It has been sending Text only, .amr, and ,mp3 emails fine.
I do get one error message upon booting of TTD. However, it seems to have no effect on the operation of the program:

pulse selected as audio input device
pulse selected as audio output device
File "TwoToneDetect67Pi.py", line 178, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range
Succesfully retrieved local tone info at 03:00:22 on 01/31/15
Succesfully retrieved local tone info at 03:00:22 on 01/31/15
Tone1
Tone2
Succesfully retrieved local tone info at 07:00:23 on 01/31/15
Tone1
Tone2
Freq: 1150.0 Level: 2774.12491593
Freq: 1199.0 Level: 32507.8501916
Freq: 1269.0 Level: 7220

The way I have mine set up, I strip the version number out of the program file so it runs off a program file titled TwoToneDetectPi.pyc. If line 178 is looking for the program file name with the version number in it, it won't find it.

Jim

dblomgren

Feed Provider
Audio Squelch Level

Every time you open TTD should the Audio Squelch Level be the same as what it was when it was shutdown?

I just move TTD to a different computer and the only thing that seemed odd to me is that the Audio Squelch Level gets reset back to the same place every time I close and re open the program.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Every time you open TTD should the Audio Squelch Level be the same as what it was when it was shutdown?

I just move TTD to a different computer and the only thing that seemed odd to me is that the Audio Squelch Level gets reset back to the same place every time I close and re open the program.

Yes it should save the shutdown position as long as you exit using the "Exit" button on the main screen of the program and not the "X" in the upper right corner. If you're doing that and it's still not saving, make sure you have the program folder in a directory that you have read/write permissions for.

Andy

Westernbound

Error in Log File

I believe I found the bug that was causing AMR files to not send, and have just posted v67a on the program page with a fix. I'm away from home so I haven't tested this yet, but I think it should work. Let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

I had loaded v67, copied my config.cfg, remote.cfg, and ffmpeg file to the new version. I tried it and it did not create any recordings in the Audio folder or send any recordings so I went back to v65d. I have loaded v67a and again copied my config.cfg, remote.cfg, and ffmpeg file to the new version. When there was a page out, it did send out both the text message and both recordings, but when I look at the log file it has this error at the top;

File "<string>", line 204, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

That error message also appears in the top of the log file for v67. I checked the log file for v65d and it had a different error message.

SpurFD Tone Set Found
File "<string>", line 584, in alert
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
File "<string>", line 600, in alert
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'lowtime' referenced before assignment
delay timer SpurFD 11:34:29 on 02/02/15

Not sure if these are related in any way or if the error will create a problem with v67a. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Marvin

dblomgren

Feed Provider
Yes it should save the shutdown position as long as you exit using the "Exit" button on the main screen of the program and not the "X" in the upper right corner. If you're doing that and it's still not saving, make sure you have the program folder in a directory that you have read/write permissions for.

Andy

Thanks Andy!! That's what I was looking for.

Taylor_425

Can you explain more about tones getting detected twice? The tone detection algorithm didn't change at all from 65 to 67.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I actually found out that its nothing to do with TTD, or dispatch increased the tone lengths to try and combat issues with our pagers not activating. I never had to use the ignore command until they changed the length.

agaede2

Thanks for the help from everyone I now have v67 running on my pi and streaming with darkice working for 5 days straight. But, it takes almost a full minute to decode 30 sec of audio file. Wav to mp3 and amr. On desktop it only takes seconds. Anything thoughts on how to get the decode faster?

DC31

Feed Provider
Thanks for the help from everyone I now have v67 running on my pi and streaming with darkice working for 5 days straight. But, it takes almost a full minute to decode 30 sec of audio file. Wav to mp3 and amr. On desktop it only takes seconds. Anything thoughts on how to get the decode faster?

Could you move this over to the TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi thread? And post the section of your log file that shows from Tone Set Found to where it says Email Sent.

Thanks

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hi Andy,

I actually found out that its nothing to do with TTD, or dispatch increased the tone lengths to try and combat issues with our pagers not activating. I never had to use the ignore command until they changed the length.

Interesting. The program shouldn't detect twice even if the tones are longer if everything is set up correctly. What do you have your tone frequencies and lengths set to, and what is your tone tolerance set to?

Andy

Taylor_425

Interesting. The program shouldn't detect twice even if the tones are longer if everything is set up correctly. What do you have your tone frequencies and lengths set to, and what is your tone tolerance set to?

Andy

Right now I have it set up as follows.
Tone Frequencies vary with all 6 Stations here
Tone Lengths are set at 2 Seconds
and Tone Tolerance is set at .005

I have ran it with these settings for almost over a year on a PC, and it was working fine on the Pi till I updated to 67. It seems to be working fine.

wscott

Thanks,

Andy

Andy,
Looks like it is fixed. I've been running the new release for a few days now and it looks like AMR files are being sent each time now.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Hey Andy,

I've encountered a problem a few times where I have lost my entire Tone.cfg file after using the Tone Editor. I have copied and pasted addresses from emails into the editor and everything appeared ok in the email address window, but upon saving it all was gone. Can you look into this?

emt603

Feed Provider
I'm still running into the problem of AT&T phones not getting the audio file. I try MP3 Format, AMR Format, nothing. It only affects the AT&T phones, All the other computers I have built work with AT&T , the only difference between this one and the others is that this one is retrieving the host tones file from Andy's cloud hosting service. I just upgraded to v. 67a and typed everything in from scratch hoping that it would work and still not receiving audio file with AT&T . discouraging !! Everything in Gmail shows that it is sending out both files!!!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I'm still running into the problem of AT&T phones not getting the audio file. I try MP3 Format, AMR Format, nothing. It only affects the AT&T phones, All the other computers I have built work with AT&T , the only difference between this one and the others is that this one is retrieving the host tones file from Andy's cloud hosting service. I just upgraded to v. 67a and typed everything in from scratch hoping that it would work and still not receiving audio file with AT&T . discouraging !! Everything in Gmail shows that it is sending out both files!!!

So AT&T is working with TTD on other computers you have set up? Can you confirm that this new one is actually sending mp3 and AMR files and not WAV files? If it is sending WAV files, then check your ffmpeg setup. Also check your log.txt file - if you find a message in there that says something like "ffmpeg not found, sending as WAV instead", that would also point to a missing ffmpeg.exe file.

Andy

iamhere300

Ok, I have two things that are most likely computer issues when running Two Tone Detect, but the second one there may be a fix for in Two Tone.

I have two computers in metal rack mount cases, mounted in a 19 inch rack. They both run copies of TwoTone detect, the reason for two is different dispatch channels.

Then there is a third computer, running three sound cards, and three radios feeding audio to Broadcastify. Again, all of these are in one 19 inch rack.

Either radio is feeding audio to all the other audio circuits, ie, VHF paging is also heard by all the other feeds, 800 Mhz is heard in all the other feeds, etc. It is strictly an issue with the audio feeds, not mixing in the radios, intermod, etc.

The second issue. Is there any application I can run where say a week after an audio feed is generated in TwoToneDetect, it automatically deletes it, so I don't get 93459808345 audio files clogging the system.

Ideas?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Either radio is feeding audio to all the other audio circuits, ie, VHF paging is also heard by all the other feeds, 800 Mhz is heard in all the other feeds, etc. It is strictly an issue with the audio feeds, not mixing in the radios, intermod, etc.

What software are you using for the feeds? Are you sure you have the correct input source selected for each instance of that software, and that you're not using (for example) the "Microsoft Sound Mapper" for the input?

Is there any application I can run where say a week after an audio feed is generated in TwoToneDetect, it automatically deletes it, so I don't get 93459808345 audio files clogging the system.

Yes. If you're using Windows, you can write a batch file script to do this, and have it run using task scheduler. If Linux, a bash script can be set up to run once a day and delete files older than x number of days. Google should help you find something that will work for your system.

Andy

emt603

Feed Provider
Andy, I checked and it is sending out both MP3 and AMR files, the Verizon and Sprint customers are getting AMR and MP3 Files its just the AT&T that is blocking both MP3 and AMR. I don't understand why it works on the 2 other computers fine but refuses to work on this one with remote hosting.