Cherokee County GA 800Mhz???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Searching through the FCC database shows a couple of older licenses for 800Mhz in Cherokee County.

WPQY590
WQFT234

Is this an older planned system that never was built out?

Just curious

Last edited:

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yes...if they had the money

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
They have been licensed on those for years. I still keep them in my scanner since I live just down the road from Cherokee and there has never been a peep on them as far as I can tell. Probably someone wanted to jump on the bandwagon and then fell off.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I have heard they were in talks with Cobb county at one point in joining the Cobb DTRS and adding sites and running off the Cobb zone core, but when they ran the numbers it was more than they could afford.

rapidcharger

I love how people assume it was because they didn't have the money.
Most of the counties that join the race to waste and buy a DTRS don't have the money for it either but they manage to come up with it some way or another, be it from government handouts, raising taxes, special taxes or making cuts to other services. Or a combination of all of those things.

Perhaps Cherokee County didn't go through with it not because of money issues but rather they realized that what they have is meeting their needs fine and they'd rather not have to raise taxes or cut services just for some toys when they have other priorities.

That's my theory. They just weren't dumb enough and corrupt enough to fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.