• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX-700

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo15900

Hey all. I need help with my Kenwood NX-700
I talked to my local dealer of kenwood and they will not sell the software. I checked with all radio stores in 2 hour radius. I have the cable and need KPG-111D software. I live in Canada and every place I checked cannot ship to canada for some reason. no luck with kenwood site either. any help would be wonderful.
Thank you..

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Keep fishing for dealers that will sell it to you.
There are some sellers on E-bay, not sure what the deal is with them, but it's an option.

The software requires a Key code to activate it, so if you do find/purchase it, make sure you get the correct code.

Latest version of KPG-111DN is 4.80, released in February of 2015.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

I talked to my local dealer of kenwood and they will not sell the software. I checked with all radio stores in 2 hour radius. I have the cable and need KPG-111D software. I live in Canada and every place I checked cannot ship to canada for some reason. no luck with kenwood site either. any help would be wonderful.

Thank you..

Yea I had the same problem. Seems Kenwood will not sell software to individuals in Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cosmo15900

well i got lucky. I found out a friend of mine works at one of the dealers and got me a deal and easy sale of the software. i am happy

bosco836

Thank you..

I found that ABeep Communications was willing to sell KPG-111D and ship to Canada for anyone who was still looking.

VE6BRW

Yea I had the same problem. Seems Kenwood will not sell software to individuals in Canada.

yup have the same problem, contacted Kenwood Canada and they got back to me with the following,

"Hi Brian

Unfortunately we do not sell programing software to end user customers. We consider this a task for our authorized Kenwood dealers as they are factory trained and certified. As you know the NX700 has 512 channels you could possibly load the radio up with all or most of the amateur channels meaning you only have to take it to Vector once...not sure if this will work.

Best regards

Greg JVCKENWOOD Canada Inc"

its frustrating as I hold all of the licences Amateur, Restricted Radio, Mobile Radio, Marine, Aeronautical etc... Have 3 NX700's to start with and have numerous projects and a huge amount of frequencies to utilize....

Status
Not open for further replies.