VIPER P25 9600 Baud System Discussion: 2011-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

t7ri3g

Premium Subscriber
New/unidentified TG

TG 51551 was busy this morning on the Guilford county sites. References were made to "EOC".

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Let's clear up some confusion...after speaking with those in the know from the State here is where things stand:
1) There is no current plan to use Phase 2 TDMA on ANY VIPER Sites in the foreseeable future.
2) As the State applies for new licenses or modifies existing licenses for sites the State has just added the additional Phase 2 TDMA emission designator to save on additional FCC paperwork & fees down the road. This is ONLY a clerical notation at this time.
So to sum up: There is no current plan to modify existing VIPER Phase 1 FDMA sites to Phase 2 TDMA.

So any current Phase 1 FDMA P25 Scanner will continue to function fine on VIPER statewide now and into the foreseeable future.

Marshall KE4ZNR

From a spectrum effeicency standpoint, I couldn't agree more, P25 Phase 2 is certainly the way to go! Looks like I'll need to start saving some penny's and go ahead and make a long range plan to replace my current Phase 1 fleet!!!

Now to figure out what the VHF-Hi band P25 plan is!!!! Backup?, Comm Center point to point?, Federal Interop???

Staying tuned for futher!!!

Flyham

There is no VHF currently on the VIPER, it is 700/800.

Not from a normal day to day operations stand point, but the same folks that sign the 800mhz licenses also are signing the license that shows the emission modification for VHF to include both NFM and P25. In other words managed in-house by the same folks and would "more than likely" have the same user base!

jimmyhjones

Premium Subscriber
Hazel Top site in Haywood County

I believe I have identified the frequencies for site 002-045, the Hazel Top site in Haywood County...

774.55625 Control
774.28125 Alternate

I heard the NCSHP dispatching off this site this afternoon...

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I appreciate the info.

What I don't understand is how the State can use frequencies that don't even have an FCC license for.

Same holds true for the High Rock (Davidson Co.) site. There is no data for those frequencies in the FCC database either.

Just a thought

David

kf4lhp

The frequencies for Hazel Top are covered under a 700 MHz state license (in this case, WPTZ771). The state obtains a license that covers use statewide of a number of 700 MHz frequencies. They are not required to list the specific sites where these frequencies are in use. This is similar to the way in which cellular systems are licensed.

The FCC doesn't list them as frequencies, though, instead listing channel numbers. I've attached a PDF of the 700 MHz narrowband channel plan that shows these state channels, among other things.

View attachment 700 MHz Narrowband Bandplan.pdf

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Davie Fire on VIPER

I heard Davie County Fire Dispatch on their VIPER Talkgroup. I believe It was a simulcast of their VHF channel. I'm not sure how long they have been using the VIPER TG, but this was the first time I have heard it in use.

IcomIcR20

Drafin

Anyone got any info on 18990?

I heard it earlier today and it sounded like a dispatch channel for law enforcement but I was unable to catch any identifiers. It seems that now it has gone quiet and I figure it could have been an officer traveling through and affiliating with a tower I monitor (Hibriten). Seems to have gone quiet now.

I just thought that TGID numbering was odd and fell into a strange TGID block.

Draf

SD70MAC

I heard Davie County Fire Dispatch on their VIPER Talkgroup. I believe It was a simulcast of their VHF channel. I'm not sure how long they have been using the VIPER TG, but this was the first time I have heard it in use.

IcomIcR20

It happened sometime between Thurs 4/9 and Sun 4/12,Viper was not Simulcast on Davie fire before that. I was out of town when the switch happened.

wcu02mpa

Buncombe county control channel question

I am using a Pro-651. I am able to pick up VIPER just fine east of the open cut on I-240 and west of about the French Broad river, but anywhere in between it just goes deaf. I also have a pro-96 and the control also drops in the same area. Is there a control channel for downtown or is it just a dead spot?

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Davie EMS is on VIPER Also

Just heard traffic on the Davie EMS VIPER TG. Just wanted to let you all know in case some of you are not aware that Davie EMS Is now on VIPER as well as the FD.

IcomIcR20

gmt0000

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I just updated the 436HP and noticed the Southern Pines CC info is not updated to reflect the 700 MHz CC listed in the database. I think these were changed back in January and are correctly listed in the RR Database.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I just updated the 436HP and noticed the Southern Pines CC info is not updated to reflect the 700 MHz CC listed in the database. I think these were changed back in January and are correctly listed in the RR Database.

You do hopefully realize that just because you update the Main HP Database does not
mean that the Favorites Lists are updated? You have to manually go into your favorites lists and update the sites listed within. The last Master Database I have shows the 700Mhz frequencies but you still need to update your Favorites Lists manually with those updated Frequencies.

Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Looks like the Camden Ave Durham VIPER site (1-009) is in Site Trunking.
My APX 6000XE has been chirping for the last hour or so. :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
New Talkgroup

This morning, I was monitoring VIPER off the Franklin Water Tower site, which I can see about 1/2 mile from my house, and discovered a three-way conversation on TG 52055. Base on the subject being discussed, which I won't disclose, I'm 99% certain this is a State Fire Marshal TG. The TG number is in sequence with their identified TGs.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This morning, I was monitoring VIPER off the Franklin Water Tower site, which I can see about 1/2 mile from my house, and discovered a three-way conversation on TG 52055. Base on the subject being discussed, which I won't disclose, I'm 99% certain this is a State Fire Marshal TG. The TG number is in sequence with their identified TGs.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636

You are somewhat close but no cigar :)
I show 52055 as being SBI Calling Channel Statewide.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.