Wilson County - Oak Hills VFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Good Evening everyone,

So I have been looking around trying to match up VFD's in Wilson County and I have not been able to locate Oak Hills VFD. I even called the Office of Public Safety for Wilson County. The person that answered said she was not familiar with said VFD and oddly enough the didn't even have a web page or consolidated list to consult. I'm not sure where this information came from. I wish 2101 was still around to offer his insight.

the FCC records list this:
Code:
[B]

WILSON COUNTY OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
WQOB458  	153.77750  	

WILSON COUNTY OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT  
WQOB458  	155.77500
[/B]

Admin Note: Not sure if this is a typo on the FCC report or not, but the FCC lists 153.7775 and the RRDB lists 153.7750

Does anyone know anything about this VFD or where they are located in Wilson County?

scrotumola

Well, being that 153.770 is Bexar County Fire Tac 3/ 800 Provoice linked Ops channel, I would presume that it is neither 153 freq you mentioned. Not even for mutual aid purposes. Now 155 is a different story.

FWIW The Oak Hills community in Wilson County is North of Floresville on Hwy 181. They are served by the Eagle Creek ESD/Fire Department.. There is a prominent water tower there marking the community's location, the most notable destination is the Maverick Steakhouse.

Also... there is an Oak Hill community south/west of Austin Tx.

~S~

Last edited:

Premium Subscriber
howdy sorry its been awhile since i have been on here...anyway I think that this is an error as there is no oak hill vfd in wilson county...there is however a three oaks vfd however I have never heard them on that freq before.

Premium Subscriber
i will take a closer look at some programming parameters I have for wilson county and put a closer ear on this freq and post if I find anything. Hope all is well with all of you!

Premium Subscriber
looks like this is licensed to Stockdale and Poth areas but I haven't heard any traffic on it from those areas. still not sure where Oak Hills VFD comes from. there are some repeaters that wilson county has that were supposed to go up in the last year or so however that has not yet happened to my knowledge due to some technical difficulties with implementation at the dispatch center.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
You know now that I think about, there used to be a VFD, back off CR 320 around Flores oaks or Spring oak. It's defunct of course, but I wonder if that's where the name from? either way while those freqs are licensed to Wilson county's OEM they are not on the air yet. I think we should change the DB to list them as unknown unless someone has some hard info about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.