RadioFeed Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon2007

Feed Provider
I use RadioFeed for both of my scanners. I was wanting to know how can I setup the Web Server part? I do have my own website and I would like to be able to stream my scanners on my website. Can someone explain to me how I can set that up?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Since you have your own web site, you want to use the Source Client feature. It's the same feature you are using now to stream to RR. It's just a matter of setting up an Icecast or Shoutcast server on your site.

The Web Server feature is for streaming directly from your computer to the far side(Media Players) and doesn't use an external Web Server as the Web Server is built in.

Brandon2007

Feed Provider
ProScan Member: I already use the Source Client feature to stream my scanner to RR but I want to stream my scanner to my website. Can you explain on how I can set that up to stream my scanner to my website?

Brandon2007

Feed Provider
rdesilets711: Yes RadioFeed is a free software to use. Go to proscan.org and that website will explain most of your questions.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Member: I already use the Source Client feature to stream my scanner to RR but I want to stream my scanner to my website. Can you explain on how I can set that up to stream my scanner to my website?

Are you going to use an Icecast or Shoutcast server? You will need a server running on your web site.
Google search Icecast or Shoutcast to get the download link and setup instructions.

RadioFeed will be the same setup as you have now to stream to RR.

Brandon2007

Feed Provider
ProScan: I already use RadioFeed to stream the scanner. Do I still need to install Icecast or Shoutcast? Also I know a little about computers but not very much. If I sound stupid I am not just not knowledgeable. I also need a step by step process on how to get this done, but I will get it done.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan: I already use RadioFeed to stream the scanner. Do I still need to install Icecast or Shoutcast? Also I know a little about computers but not very much. If I sound stupid I am not just not knowledgeable. I also need a step by step process on how to get this done, but I will get it done.

Do you want to stream from your computer or your web site? So far I've pointed you to the RadioFeed instructions, Icecast, and Shoutcast. So far you haven't shown that you picked up on any of the info? Use Google or another search site. That's the best way to become knowledgeable. If you have a specific question related to ProScan or RadioFeed, I will be glad to help.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Yes. Install Icecast or Shoutcast on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.