Firmware Update 2015-10-27: Replay Duration 'OFF'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
all the scanner will does is show SD Card Read Error. Do not know what to do at this point.

Format the card (or use "Clear User Data" in Sentinel). You may have to actually take it out of the scanner and put it in an SD card reader and into your computer.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Then plug the uSD card into the computer and follow what I and Jay911 said above.

Also, check what the scanner says if you turn it on without a uSD card plugged in, and what does it say if you plug in a different blank uSD card?

MStep

BCD536HP is dead after firmware update. When writing to scanner it said something was corrupt and now all the scanner will do is show SD Card Read Error. Do not know what to do at this point. I think Uniden should have a phone number for technical support. Not happy with uniden at this point. Scanner was working perfectly before trying to update.

I can say from experience, for whatever it is worth, that if you have some patience, you will get better help here than almost anyone at Uniden could give you.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I hope it is that huge LINEAR SIMULCAST MODULATION UPDATE to cure all my problems, with my brand new bcd436hp.

Not likely - you can only do so much with firmware. The distortion issues may diminish with a firmware update some day, but they will never fully go away on that radio. Do a search on the forum for LSM distortion and you'll find hours of reading material here on why LSM distortion happens in all digital scanners and the only real "cure" is to use a directional antenna aimed so that you get a signal from only ONE tower.

My money's on DMR decoding of some flavor. I and many others here have been wanting that capability in a scanner for years. What a nice early Christmas present that would make!

-AZ

seth21w

Not likely - you can only do so much with firmware. The distortion issues may diminish with a firmware update some day, but they will never fully go away on that radio. Do a search on the forum for LSM distortion and you'll find hours of reading material here on why LSM distortion happens in all digital scanners and the only real "cure" is to use a directional antenna aimed so that you get a signal from only ONE tower.

My money's on DMR decoding of some flavor. I and many others here have been wanting that capability in a scanner for years. What a nice early Christmas present that would make!

-AZ
I have done all my research on lsm and first, let me say that an adjustable attenuator would be a start I believe, as it stands now it can't be used as it is too strong, second agc on this scanner has never worked as it should, never even been fully explained although I know what it's supposed to do and what it means. I believe a working adjustable attenuator would fix most lsm distortion problems! As for a fixed directional antenna that would be fine for a base scanner, however this is a handheld and is used as such.

kellykeeton

There was a glitch when going to the production version that disabled the serial mode fast start. We're going to release a new version that takes care of this, as well as the backlight bug, as well as a huge, tremendous, fantastic feature addition. Target is by the end of the month.

this makes me happy - thanks for the info.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
There was a glitch when going to the production version that disabled the serial mode fast start. We're going to release a new version that takes care of this, as well as the backlight bug, as well as a huge, tremendous, fantastic feature addition. Target is by the end of the month.

Any update?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Any update?

UPMan posted a thread in the main Uniden forum titled ProVoice Scanning is Near!:

UPMan said:
We are putting some finishing touches on it now, (UIDs are handled a bit differently than we expected, so we're getting that nailed away...but it will push the update into December).

When it is all ready, we'll publish a standard firmware update that includes several fixes including the "don't hang on boot when USB is connected" that we had intended for the last update, the ability to scan EDACS Extended Addressing systems, and the ability to enter a key to unlock ProVoice decoding.

Note the bolded parts (my emphasis).

Status
Not open for further replies.