TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

k7nbc

Feed Provider
TDD68 startup problem Pyconfig.h error

I am running TTD68 on a Windows 10 and I am getting this error pictured.
I remove the file and then TTD68 will run. I close it and it come back with the same issue.
Hope you can help Andy.

Andy,

Do you have a solution for the start up issue with TDD68 Pyconfig.h error

I am getting the same message as listed above on win 10 and xp systems

you can press ok and get passed it, but if the page to text computer reboots
it needs user intervention to get past the error again..

Please advise a solution

P.S.
the new stacked tones feature is great.. it cut file size from 84kb to 18kb for stacked dispatches.
and sending time thru gmail was about the same a little faster with smaller file.

Chris

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Has anyone successfully got this program to work and send mp3 or AMR files to Bell and Koodo users in Canada? If so please help me! I have tried every address I can think of to make it work. No go. I am Responding works great with both users but for the love of me I cannot get them to receive the audio from TTD

ffryan76

Feed Provider
P.S.
the new stacked tones feature is great.. it cut file size from 84kb to 18kb for stacked dispatches.
and sending time thru gmail was about the same a little faster with smaller file.

Chris

What are your settings to get 84 to 18 KB? Mine average 100kb for single department dispatch to 800kb for multiple department dispatches.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Do you have a solution for the start up issue with TDD68 Pyconfig.h error

I am getting the same message as listed above on win 10 and xp systems

you can press ok and get passed it, but if the page to text computer reboots
it needs user intervention to get past the error again..

Please advise a solution

I just posted a new build of v68 that I believe should take care of this problem. Let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

k7nbc

Feed Provider
TDD68 startup problem Pyconfig.h error - Fixed

I just posted a new build of v68 that I believe should take care of this problem. Let me know.

Thanks,

Andy

new build works

That did the Trick with a Reboot of PC and the new 68 build all good now thanks Andy

other note :
on the File Size that was a AMR File

with MP3 with 40000 encoding

MP3 file size 347KB before stacked TTD68 feature after 75kb

Chris

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Hi, just started setting up TwoTone, each time I restart the program is puts the audio settings back to the MS Sound Mapper. The the stand alone twotone finder on your website works properly just the twotone email app keeps resetting it's sound settings.

Windows 7 Pro both x86 and x64

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Hi, just started setting up TwoTone, each time I restart the program is puts the audio settings back to the MS Sound Mapper. The the stand alone twotone finder on your website works properly just the twotone email app keeps resetting it's sound settings.

Windows 7 Pro both x86 and x64

Are you exiting the program using the 'Exit' button? I have found that using the 'X' in the top right corner generally doesn't save your previous settings.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
What does this error mean? Windows 7 pro x86.

ADKsLis.png

ffryan76

Feed Provider

ADKsLis.png
I am using Windows 10 and still can't get v68 to open. I tried to debug it but can't tell what is happening I think this is the same thing I'm getting in debug.

It won't open the program. I tried compatability mode. I get it to open but not consistently. It will not open and then might open again later. Any ideas Andy?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I thought for a moment I solved it but didn't. I thought it was because I have multiple scanners on the same machine and if any of them had comms on them when I opened twotone it failed but if they were quiet it would open so I turned them all off. Nope still didn't work.

aaknitt

Feed Provider

ADKsLis.png

Anyone else getting the same error? Anyone getting v68 to run succesfully on Windows? I can't reproduce this one here...I've made some changes to my build scripts and I'm wondering if it's related to that...may be hard to troubleshoot though.

Andy

k7nbc

Feed Provider
Anyone else getting the same error? Anyone getting v68 to run succesfully on Windows? I can't reproduce this one here...I've made some changes to my build scripts and I'm wondering if it's related to that...may be hard to troubleshoot though.

Andy
I have TDD68 12-21-2015 posting running systems 1-XP 2- Windows 10 All functioning and starting up correctly and like the stacked tone feature .

The TDD 12-15-2015 had the Pyconfig.h error but for me the 12-21-2015 build works

I have not tried the DEBUG mode of TDD68 12-21-2015

The portaudio.. may be related to lack up sound card input , run the config and exit properly
(not Close the program) and then restart PC..

I have systems with Win 10 with usb sound and on board sound .. and the XP with on-board sound
with no problems

-Chris

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I think it is the USB sound card I am using. If I use the default configs it loads up the onboard card, if I pick the USB card, Exit and restart then I get the errors.

But as I type this I tried to start it again and it worked with the same settings. Close and reopen I get the error and closed and reopened and it worked. Could be be timing out getting all the sound cards. I got 5 of them in this machine.

ffryan76

Feed Provider

Andy
I do not have a USB sound card.
TTD 67a will start and run with no issues on Windows 10. When I try to open 68 I get the window asking me if I want to allow the program to run. I click yes then nothing happens. I have to do this several times then it will open. I set 68 to Windows 7 compatibility mode. When I try without compatibility mode, nothing happens.

NJFFDisp

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any luck running more than one program of two tone detect simultaneously? I have a computer with four internal sound card, I have several differently programmed scanners connected to each sound card...however windows 7 sound (recording) manager makes me select a default device and that is all that each application of two tone detect will listen to.

It should be noted that each applications shows all of the many different audio inputs that I could use, but only the one that windows (recording) settings marked as default works.

Recently I found a program called Welcome to IndieVolume! | IndieVolume which points different applications to audio outputs from multiple sources, but has input settings.

I really would like to run at least two different applications of two tone detect.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Has anyone had any luck running more than one program of two tone detect simultaneously? I have a computer with four internal sound card, I have several differently programmed scanners connected to each sound card...however windows 7 sound (recording) manager makes me select a default device and that is all that each application of two tone detect will listen to.

It should be noted that each applications shows all of the many different audio inputs that I could use, but only the one that windows (recording) settings marked as default works.

Recently I found a program called Welcome to IndieVolume! | IndieVolume which points different applications to audio outputs from multiple sources, but has input settings.

I really would like to run at least two different applications of two tone detect.

Yes, you should be able to do this. Note that once you select a different sound card to use as the input for TTD, you need to restart the program. Here's the procedure:

1) Open TTD
2) Select the audio input you want to use
3) Exit TTD using the "Exit" button on the main screen (not the red "x" in the upper right corner)
4) Restart TTD

Andy

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
So how would I deal with this. Local FD has 3 sets of 2 tones. The last two sets are the same tones just reversed the problem is they match another FD I have in Twotone so it picks them up for the wrong FD.

We have one Freq that repeats all county pages but each FD also has there own. I am using the county wide because I can pick up more.

634-596 Hz 1.0-3.2 sec page received at 17:41:41 on 12/27/15
596-634 Hz 1.0-2.8 sec page received at 17:41:36 on 12/27/15
596-924 Hz 1.0-3.0 sec page received at 17:41:30 on 12/27/15

As soon as it sees 634-596 Hz it starts recording because it thinks it is the other dept I do have programmed in.

I thought about using the first two tones from all the FD"s but as the scanner is flipping channels it sometimes cuts off the first tone.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
So how would I deal with this. Local FD has 3 sets of 2 tones. The last two sets are the same tones just reversed the problem is they match another FD I have in Twotone so it picks them up for the wrong FD.

We have one Freq that repeats all county pages but each FD also has there own. I am using the county wide because I can pick up more.

634-596 Hz 1.0-3.2 sec page received at 17:41:41 on 12/27/15
596-634 Hz 1.0-2.8 sec page received at 17:41:36 on 12/27/15
596-924 Hz 1.0-3.0 sec page received at 17:41:30 on 12/27/15

As soon as it sees 634-596 Hz it starts recording because it thinks it is the other dept I do have programmed in.

I thought about using the first two tones from all the FD"s but as the scanner is flipping channels it sometimes cuts off the first tone.

Is this all on the same frequency? I am not an expert but I run a lot of tones, my FD runs 5 engine tones and the first tone is the same for all of them, but unless it sees both tones, it does not trigger.

I don't have the forward/backward issue, but, if it does not see the tones in order, should not send them when it does not need to.

I run two versions of TTD on my Pi.....one with the FD tones and one with the First Aid tones