Windows 10 & BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Is there any plans to update the Windows Serial Drivers to support Windows 10?? I host an online Scanner feed on Broadcastify and up until yesterday I used Windows 8.1 and had no problem broadcasting Alpha-Tags for my channels on my feed using ScannerCast... Now that I updated to Windows 10 I can't get ScannerCast to recognize my COM Port that my USB cable is plugged into and can't broadcast tags over my feed. I have tried re-installing the Serial Drivers, etc... Any plans to update them? Thanks!

kc2kth

Ah, the fun that is early adopter syndrome! I got my update from 8.1 to 10 this morning. No feeds or serial devices though - well, USB but not classic serial. I've found on my XP based home automation machine that I've had to go to the chipset manufacturer's site for serial drivers these days. Since XP is discontinued and the computer it's running on is a 15 year old Thinkpad there isn't exactly much in the way of support these days.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Actually when I meant Serial it was an reference to the BCD536HP Serial settings... I am using a USB cable from scanner to laptop Windows 10... For some reason it's not properly configuring my USB Com Port for the scanner...

w4jde

That is great for some of you who have upgraded to Windows 10 and have had zero or close to zero issues with your radio gear. For some of us that has not been the case. I upgraded to 10 and tried everything to get the VC of the Butel software to work. I un-installed, re-installed, tried different cables etc. etc. etc. I wasted much of a day trying. Finally I used the Windows feature of rolling back to Windows 7 and everything worked as it did before the 10 upgrade. Am I mad or disgusted? No. As someone has already pointed out this is a new OS upgrade and there will be growing pains. I will keep monitoring these forums and when I think the problems I was having have been addressed I will try again. Looks like we have a year to take advantage of the free upgrade. I am just glad the process of rolling back to 7 was as painless as it was.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
You need to do a clean install of Windows.

The Uniden SD card scanners work fine, and *do not* need any driver installed. There is likely something underlying in your system causing the issue. I can pull any Windows 10 computer out of our stock and plug in a 436/536 and they work fine. I would add I have not had any issues with the TrendNet USB-Serial adapter and the x96 based scanners, it also is plug and play.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Well I can get the 536 to work fine in Mass Storage Mode where I'm programming stuff info it, but when I push the . Button to get it in Serial Mode to broadcast alpha-tags for channels it gives me an error. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing every thing I can think of. I know my way around a computer and programming so believe me if I'm asking for help it means I've exhausted all options I know if. My Windows-10 recognizes the Scanner, and even in Device Manager it says it's working properly, but another tab says further installation is required. And when I open ScannerCast to broadcast it it shows the COM port as a Chinese symbol after the #... I have enclosed pics so you can see...

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 & BCD536HP

d4438821072a6dae6fb6b5a8721bfba6.jpg
cee91ea04a35a36f742e10829444e504.jpg
e4d746f8d1b45793635af1c41996273a.jpg

Last edited:

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Don't worry about it, I resorted to using my older laptop and it's fine now. Thanks.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The front port on the 536HP never was very stable. Before the WIFI worked I always used the rear port to do the metadata on the feed. Now with WIFI working I use URL for both Audio and Metadata and it works quite well.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
So I can use that USB port as a Serial port if I wanted to? Or is that strictly for WiFi?

w0hfc

Feed Provider
Windows 10 & Scannercast

I got tired of getting the constant windows reminders to upgrade to win 10, and now scannercast doesn't want to support channel tagging. I get that crazy Chinese looking symbol after the COMx information as well. I don't seem to have any problem with freecscan so I think the problem is isolated to scannercast. That program has gone on over 5 years without updates, so I have to think I'm not alone in dealing with this - has anybody overcame the problem? I hate to go back to win 7 at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.